Converting from Word 95 OLE to Word 97

Even though I now use Word 97, my OLE use of Word is based on WordBasic
commands that I first used with Word 95.  I was able to convert to run
with Word 97 using information gained through the newsgroup and
dejanews.

I am having some difficulties when I print a second document, and I
suspect that I am not closing down properly after printing the first
document.

I established what commands to use by recording a macro performing the
tasks I want to automate via Delphi (3.02 C/S+).  Now that I no longer
have Word 95 I cannot establish WordBasic commands any more and I
realise that I should start to use proper Word 97 commands instead of
WordBasic.  However I fall at the first fence when I try to:

var
        V : Variant;
begin
        V := CreateOleObject (Word.Application);

Could some kind person point me to a source of information or even post
an example?

Thanks

Dave
--
David Sharples

Re:Converting from Word 95 OLE to Word 97

In article <XZNUGDAcgAZ2E...@kipping.demon.co.uk>, David Sharples
<Da...@kipping.demon.co.uk> writes

>Even though I now use Word 97, my OLE use of Word is based on WordBasic
>commands that I first used with Word 95.  I was able to convert to run
>with Word 97 using information gained through the newsgroup and
>dejanews.

>I am having some difficulties when I print a second document, and I
>suspect that I am not closing down properly after printing the first
>document.

>I established what commands to use by recording a macro performing the
>tasks I want to automate via Delphi (3.02 C/S+).  Now that I no longer
>have Word 95 I cannot establish WordBasic commands any more and I
>realise that I should start to use proper Word 97 commands instead of
>WordBasic.  However I fall at the first fence when I try to:

>var
>        V : Variant;
>begin
>        V := CreateOleObject (Word.Application);

>Could some kind person point me to a source of information or even post
>an example?

>Thanks

>Dave

In part answer to my own request for information I have now found out
that there is a newsgroup 'borland.public.delphi.oleautomation' which
contains a lot of useful information

--
David Sharples

Other Threads