Connection fails upon adding a new record

2004-05-22 09:19:22 PM
delphi73
I am using SQL Server 2000 as my database server. Front end is a Delphi application. This application is running fine on 20 computers (Win XP and 98). Only on one computer (Windows XP) the application runs fine until I add a new record. Sooner I append a record, a message is displayed "Connection failed", and the system crashes. The only way to come out is Alt+Ctrl+Del and then remove it from Task Manager.
It is a very simple application with a very simple database, but I don't understand why the connection fails only upon adding a new record.