INDY TIdServerIOHandlerSSL and Windows 2003

2004-11-20 09:57:56 PM
delphi49
I built a simple SMTP server with SSL support, used the component
TIdServerIOHandlerSSL. The server runs very well in XP and 2000. But in
Windows 2003 Server, it can't load the SSL library successfully. I have
tested different version of ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll, but still have
this problem. Can anybody help me? If I need to compile and build the server
in Windows 2003 Server? (The old file was built in XP, but I have not
installed delphi in 2003 server)
Thanks

Re:INDY TIdServerIOHandlerSSL and Windows 2003

Patrick writes:
Can anybody help me?
Try sourceforge.net/projects/openstrsecii/
It compiles into your executable, so it relieves you of any DLL loading
issues. OpenStrSecII is however designed under the presumption that you
are using it for security and not just for being able to connect to
certain servers. Since the security of SSL ultimately falls back on the
security of your certificate management, this means that you have to
specify each necessary certificate you want to trust etc etc.
--
Henrick Hellström
www.streamsec.com

Re:INDY TIdServerIOHandlerSSL and Windows 2003

"Patrick" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
But in Windows 2003 Server, it can't load the SSL library successfully.
Please provide more details.
I have tested different version of ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll
Indy does not suppor the standard OpenSLL DLLs. It has its own specialized
version instead.
Gambit