UPDATE between Two different databases : error Invalid floating point operation

Hi all,

Delphi4
Interbase 5.1
I need updating between two tables from two different databases.
I get this message after executing this query : "Invalid floating point
operation"
Here is the query
 with dm.sqlUpdateAppelsCompany do
  begin
     Close;
     sql.Clear;
     sql.Add('UPDATE ":SUPPORT:APPELS" Appels');
     sql.Add('SET COMPANY = ( select Cy.NAME FROM ":LINK 5.0:Cy"  Cy );
     sql.Add('Where REF_COMPANY = Cy.IDCOMPANY)');
     prepare;
     ExecSql;
  end;//
  The update failed.
Regards

Re:UPDATE between Two different databases : error Invalid floating point operation

Try using an alias name without a space or period, such as LINK50. Also,
your second sql.Add statement needs a single-quote before the closing
parenthesis.

  Richard

"Ngu chan tung" <c...@trilogic.be> wrote in message

> Delphi4
> Interbase 5.1
> I need updating between two tables from two different databases.
> I get this message after executing this query : "Invalid floating point
> operation"
> Here is the query
>  with dm.sqlUpdateAppelsCompany do
>   begin
>      Close;
>      sql.Clear;
>      sql.Add('UPDATE ":SUPPORT:APPELS" Appels');
>      sql.Add('SET COMPANY = ( select Cy.NAME FROM ":LINK 5.0:Cy"  Cy );
>      sql.Add('Where REF_COMPANY = Cy.IDCOMPANY)');
>      prepare;
>      ExecSql;
>   end;//
>   The update failed.