How to stop expandig TMemoData control

2005-09-10 05:50:46 AM
delphi119
Hi,
How can I stop expanding my memo data controls from a Detail DataBand?
Thanks,
Arminio

Re:How to stop expandig TMemoData control

Hi Arminio,
How can I stop expanding my memo data controls from a Detail DataBand?
Not sure what your question is? If you are looking for a "fixed" size space for a Memo or DataMemo, then set the "ExpandParent" property to False and "manually" size the memo. Should not make a difference, but it would help to know what version of Rave you are using.
Technical Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:How to stop expandig TMemoData control

Nevrona Support writes:
Hi Arminio,

>How can I stop expanding my memo data controls from a Detail DataBand?

Not sure what your question is? If you are looking for a "fixed" size space for a Memo or DataMemo, then set the "ExpandParent" property to False and "manually" size the memo. Should not make a difference, but it would help to know what version of Rave you are using.

Technical Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Yes I was looking for a fixed size space for a DataMemo. I am using
Delphi 7 with RaveReport 5.0 if that helps you, and thank you.
Best regards,
Arminio

Re:How to stop expandig TMemoData control

Hi Arminio,
I'm using Delphi 7 with RaveReport 5.0
Please look at www.nevrona.com/Default.aspx for information about using and updating Rave. At this link, you will also find many references, articles and general information about using Rave. Be sure to look at the bottom part of that page as it applies to all Rave users.
If you have not yet updated your Rave 5 BE to 5.0.8 from Borland, then I'd suggest that you go to the above link for the latest information on we have on where Borland keeps that update.
Yes I was looking for a fixed size space for a DataMemo.
So did you get it working by changing the "ExpandParent" property to False and "manually" sizing the memo?
Technical Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Nevrona Support writes:
Hi Arminio,

>I'm using Delphi 7 with RaveReport 5.0

Please look at www.nevrona.com/Default.aspx for information about using and updating Rave. At this link, you will also find many references, articles and general information about using Rave. Be sure to look at the bottom part of that page as it applies to all Rave users.

If you have not yet updated your Rave 5 BE to 5.0.8 from Borland, then I'd suggest that you go to the above link for the latest information on we have on where Borland keeps that update.

I have take a look to the link above and I found it very helpful

>Yes I was looking for a fixed size space for a DataMemo.

So did you get it working by changing the "ExpandParent" property to False and "manually" sizing the memo?

Yes the complicated problem have simple solutions. ;)
Thanks again!
Best regards,
Arminio
Technical Support