Win95 API Extensions for TPW 1.5

Jim Craig (jcr...@vvm.com) wrote:

: is there replacement WinProcs and WinTypes units rewritten with all
: the Windows95 calls anywhere??

I am working on a TPWin32 unit - which implements thunking from 16-32 bits
when NT or Win95 is detected. This is a development from Christian Ghisler's
Call32NT units, and I have his permission to release my TPWin32 when I am
finished with it (which will not be until late November at the earliest -
because I don't have the time to de-bug and document all the functions at
the moment). When I release it, an announcement will be made here. But note
- I am not implementing the win95 API as such. All I am doing is providing
for a _few_ Win32 API calls (both NT and Win95) - and then, only those which
are of immediate interest for my current programming needs (primarily long
filenames and stuff).

The Chief
---------
E-mail   : la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 2.20 for Windows:
           winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/windows/chief/pro/cinstp22.zip

Re:Win95 API Extensions for TPW 1.5

On 30 Oct 95 (20:31), jcr...@vvm.com wrote:

> is there replacement WinProcs and WinTypes units rewritten with all
> the Windows95 calls anywhere??

The most extensions of Windows95 are 32 bit code which in fact can only
be used by 32 bit code ! So, first make Borland producing 32 bit Pascal
compilers (which what you'd make me go 8-), then ask for Windows 95
extensions.

Stephan

| Stephan A. Maciej                          step...@maciej.muc.de |

jcr...@vvm.com (Jim Craig) wrote:
>is there replacement WinProcs and WinTypes units rewritten with all
>the Windows95 calls anywhere??

If there was, what good would it do you?  TPW can only build 16-bit
Windows applications.  If you want to build Win95 Pascal applications,
you are going to have to get Delphi32.  If you want to continue to use
OWL, you or someone else is going to have to write extension units for
Win95.  Borland has given up on OWL for Pascal.
--
|joe_willcox...@wiltel.com  | How come 6 of the 9 speakers at   |

Other Threads