Closing TSocketConnection on XP hangs in 3 minutes

2004-04-05 05:28:38 PM
delphi162
Why ?
We are using Delphi 5 + Midas.
It seems to work on one of our XP machines but not on another one.
Maybe the problem isn't related to XP but to the TCP/IP stack ??
Hoping for some enlightment on this issue since it prevents us from
deploying our product on XP.
Per

Re:Closing TSocketConnection on XP hangs in 3 minutes

Hello,
It seems to be a bug, I had the same situation.
What helped, was to turn off the property SupportCallbacks.
If You don't use the callbacks to clients
You can turn it off and it should help.
Maciek
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:28:38 +0200,
Per Bengtsson <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>Why ?
>We are using Delphi 5 + Midas.
>It seems to work on one of our XP machines but not on another one.
>Maybe the problem isn't related to XP but to the TCP/IP stack ??
>
>Hoping for some enlightment on this issue since it prevents us from
>deploying our product on XP.
>
>Per

Re:Closing TSocketConnection on XP hangs in 3 minutes

I like you Maciej, you are my friend. It worked.
I'll buy you a beer if you come to Sweden. :)
Per
"Maciej Pyszka" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i meddelandet
Hello,
It seems to be a bug, I had the same situation.
What helped, was to turn off the property SupportCallbacks.
If You don't use the callbacks to clients
You can turn it off and it should help.

Maciek

>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:28:38 +0200,
>Per Bengtsson <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>
>>Why ?
>>We are using Delphi 5 + Midas.
>>It seems to work on one of our XP machines but not on another one.
>>Maybe the problem isn't related to XP but to the TCP/IP stack ??
>>
>>Hoping for some enlightment on this issue since it prevents us from
>>deploying our product on XP.
>>
>>Per

Re:Closing TSocketConnection on XP hangs in 3 minutes

Thats 2 beers he gets, then. I had the same problem, and couldn't figure
it.
:) thanks Maciej