[ANN] The InterBase and Firebird Developer Magazine

2005-09-01 05:25:55 PM
delphi88
Dear colleagues!
I am glad to present to you the first issue of "The InterBase and Firebird
Developer Magazine".
It is a free electronic magazine in PDF.
You can download the first issue and subscribe to the next issues at
www.ibdeveloper.com
Main topics of the first issue are:
- Inside Savepoints. This article is about internals and usage of
savepoints
- Working with temporary tables in InterBase 7.5
- Embedded User Authentication in InterBase 7.5
- 10 InterBase Myths
Please feel invited to read on!
With best regards,
Alexey Kovyazin,
www.ibdeveloper.com

Re:[ANN] The InterBase and Firebird Developer Magazine

Please make third party announcement in the third party group. Thank you.
Alexey Kovyazin writes:
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email 'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" writes:
Please make third party announcement in the third party group. Thank you.
Since I am not interested in any interbase thirdparty tools, I'd never
notice such announcement on such group, otoh I see the announced magazine
as useful/welcomed addition to documentatioin. Imho most people the magaizne
is intended for are on general group, not third party group.
Is it really inappropriate here ?
ivan

Re:[ANN] The InterBase and Firebird Developer Magazine

Since I am not interested in any interbase thirdparty tools, I would
never notice such announcement on such group, otoh I see the announced
magazine as useful/welcomed addition to documentatioin. Imho most
people the magaizne is intended for are on general group, not third
party group. Is it really inappropriate here ?

Yes. There is a group for third party announces regarding new products and
the magazine is a product. My experience is that if you allow one then you
have to allow others as well and where do you stop then? Why shoold the
roule been broken in the first place.
Regards
Yannis.

ivan writes:

Is it really inappropriate here ?
Yes it is. Announcements belong in the third party group.