Ann: Graphics32 1.6 released

2004-07-22 07:13:31 PM
delphi13
A new version of the Graphics32 library has been released. Graphics32 is a
graphics library optimized for very fast 32-bit bitmap handling, including
alpha blending, antialiasing, scaling, projective and affine transformations
with sub-pixel accuracy, etc. Includes image displaying components with
optimized double buffering, extended scaling properties and a property
editor. Supports multiple alpha-blended overlay layers. Graphics32 is an
open source software licensed under the terms of MPL (Mozilla Public
License).
This new version is the first big release in over one year. It addresses
many longstanding bugs, adds Kylix/CLX support and many other enhancements.
What's new in version 1.6?
- Graphics32 now fully supports CLX cross-platform development;
- Example projects have been successfully converted and tested in Linux;
- Unicode support for TBitmap32.Text* and TBitmap32.Rendertext methods;
- New stretch filters (sfDraft, sfCosine) have been added;
- Color algebra and blending routines have been optimized for MMX;
- Several minor additions, bugfixes and optimizations.
The library is available for download in two separate archives.
Windows zip archive (including CHM documentation):
<prdownloads.sf.net/graphics32/graphics32_1-6.zip?download>
Linux tar.bz2 archive (including HTML documentation):
<prdownloads.sf.net/graphics32/graphics32_1-6-linux.tar.bz2?download>
A small tip for crossplatform developers is to use the CrossKylix Delph IDE
plug-in, which enables you to compile using Kylix inside Delphi:
<crosskylix.untergrund.net>
A detailed version of the announcement is available here:
<graphics32.org/wiki/pub/page/Main/Release>
Enjoy!

Re:Ann: Graphics32 1.6 released

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:13:31 +0200, Team Graphics32 writes:
A new version of the Graphics32 library has been released.
In future please post announcements on the appropriate announcements
group.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc rohloff at myrealbox dot com

Marc Rohloff [TeamB]" <"on request writes:
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:13:31 +0200, Team Graphics32 writes:

>A new version of the Graphics32 library has been released.

In future please post announcements on the appropriate announcements
group.
Marc,
Whilst you are correct within the posting rules, as a member of the
graphics group, and not of any announcements group (I cannot see one for
graphics), I found the announcement here on-topic and very welcome.
Providing they do not overwhelm the graphics group's traffic, I would
welcome seeing any future announcements about this library in *both*
groups. Perhaps other group members share my view?
Of course, I will probably now be told that I can not discuss this topic
here either....
Thanks,
David

Re:Ann: Graphics32 1.6 released

"David J Taylor" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Perhaps other group members share my view?
I share your opinion. I have been known to flame announcements of every little
component, once in a while. Announcements don't belong here. But for legit
grand public graphics libraries, that are relevant to a lot of us, I too
feel there should be an exception to that rule.
Mark, keep up the good work and ban the vast majority of the 'announcements'
that are little more then spam, but please consider making an exception for
announcements such as this one.
Joris Van Damme
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.awaresystems.be
Download your free TIFF tag viewer for windows here:
www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/astifftagviewer.html

Re:Ann: Graphics32 1.6 released

David,
I fully share your opinion. I found the posting to be on-topic indeed.
Certainly because it is a very helpful graphical library, and it is free (so
no commercial intentions in the post).
Kind regards,
Nils
"David J Taylor" writes news:4100d6a3$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Marc,

Whilst you are correct within the posting rules, as a member of the
graphics group, and not of any announcements group (I cannot see one for
graphics), I found the announcement here on-topic and very welcome.
Providing they do not overwhelm the graphics group's traffic, I would
welcome seeing any future announcements about this library in *both*
groups. Perhaps other group members share my view?

Of course, I will probably now be told that I can not discuss this topic
here either....

Thanks,
David

Re:Ann: Graphics32 1.6 released

Perhaps other group members share my view?
Yes. Many people here are using Graphics32, me, too. For such standard
libraries (Graphics32, GLScene etc.) such announcements are more than just
spam. But of course David is right, and were is the limit in making
exceptions? I remember we had such a discussion when someone told about the
free version of TrueSpace (which isn't as close to Delphi as Graphics32).
It's difficult. But I would vote for Graphics32 announcements.
Jens

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:53:31 +0200, Joris Van Damme writes:
I share your opinion. I have been known to flame announcements of every little
component, once in a while. Announcements don't belong here. But for legit
grand public graphics libraries, that are relevant to a lot of us, I too
feel there should be an exception to that rule.
I do understand, but the problem with exceptions is that they are hard
to stop. The announcements group is there for a purpose and these are
the group rules.
--

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:50:42 -0400, Marc Rohloff [TeamB] writes:
I do understand, but the problem with exceptions is that they are hard
to stop. The announcements group is there for a purpose and these are
the group rules.
Sorry my mistake. Announcements would go to
b.p.delphi.thirdpartytools.general