TPanel and windows XP

2003-10-11 05:51:21 AM
delphi150
Hello:
I'm testing the .manifest file with my application under windows XP.
I noticed some problems:
1) I can not change the panel color no matter the color I set I only see
a one pixel border of this color, everything else is gray.
2) I can not draw one of my paintboxes, it is has a gray color, ever no
matter what I try to draw on it (in another one I can draw bitmaps
without problems)
3) ALL TLabels are transparent even the ones I set it is TRANPARENT
property to FALSE.
Note that if I remove the manifest file I get the good old win95 visual
and every component work perfectlly.
Is this a know problem with D7E support for XP themes ?
Anything else I should read ?
Thanks.

Re:TPanel and windows XP

"Dettmer, A.L." <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello:

I'm testing the .manifest file with my application under windows XP.
I noticed some problems:

1) I can not change the panel color no matter the color I set I only see
a one pixel border of this color, everything else is gray.
2) I can not draw one of my paintboxes, it is has a gray color, ever no
matter what I try to draw on it (in another one I can draw bitmaps
without problems)
3) ALL TLabels are transparent even the ones I set it is TRANPARENT
property to FALSE.

Note that if I remove the manifest file I get the good old win95 visual
and every component work perfectlly.

Is this a know problem with D7E support for XP themes ?

Anything else I should read ?
Yes, previous messages on this topic.
Have a look at ParentBackground.
Alan.