How to connect to IB using IPX/SPX ?

I cannot figure out how to connect to Interbase V4.22 for Netware
using IPX/SPX. In previous versions (Delphi 1, 16bit) it worked fine,
but now using Delphi 3 and 32 bit BDE/SQL Links I can't make it
work. Any suggestions ?

TIA,
Jan Stiermark
v...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk

Jan Steiermark
v...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk

Re:How to connect to IB using IPX/SPX ?

v4.2 of Interbase does not have a Netware IPX/SPX interface.  You will
have to use TCP/IP or v5.0 of Interbase.

Oliver

Jan Steiermark wrote:

> I cannot figure out how to connect to Interbase V4.22 for Netware
> using IPX/SPX. In previous versions (Delphi 1, 16bit) it worked fine,
> but now using Delphi 3 and 32 bit BDE/SQL Links I can't make it
> work. Any suggestions ?

> TIA,
> Jan Stiermark
> v...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk

Re:How to connect to IB using IPX/SPX ?

I don't know if you allrady tried this out but do the following:

In the configuration tab  of bde administrator (Drivers native)set the
server name to full  path and filename of the IB file do the same with the
alias configuration

otherwyse install TCP/IP on the server and connect true the IP nummer as
servername.

Jan Steiermark <v...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk> schreef in artikel
<358e5dfd.3841...@news.{*word*104}city.dk>...

> I cannot figure out how to connect to Interbase V4.22 for Netware

Other Threads