Problem using D4 and ACCESS Tables (native or ODBC driver)

My application was developped using D4, BDE 5.01  and ACCESS 97 tables.
I was using the ACCESS NATIVE DRIVER.
I generated my install disks using INSTALLSHIELD EXPRESS (installed from my
D4 CD). When I tried to run my program installed on other computers, I got
the folowing message:
    exception  EDBEngineError. Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
    File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\DAO3032.DLL

So I tried to move to ACCESS ODBC DRIVER (3.5), but my problem moved too.
Now, on development time (my computer), running my application, I cant
access ONE of my ACCESS TABLES.
When I try to POST, DELETE, etc,  a record, the program shows this kind of
message:
    Key Violation Error. QUERY TOO LONG

This table is that has the largest record lenght (~1000 bytes). All the
other work fine.

How can I solve this problems ?

Tanks in advance.

Vlamir

Re:Problem using D4 and ACCESS Tables (native or ODBC driver)

Hi,

check this,
http://www.abc-software-engineering.com/download.htm

This fellow created a DAO installation...

--
Pedro MG
creating software

Re:Problem using D4 and ACCESS Tables (native or ODBC driver)

Your problem with the native driver is that it requires that Microsoft's DAO
3.5 be installed on the target machine and it was not. I am not sure what is
causing your ODBC error.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Problem using D4 and ACCESS Tables (native or ODBC driver)

>My application was developped using D4, BDE 5.01  and ACCESS 97 tables.
>I was using the ACCESS NATIVE DRIVER.
>I generated my install disks using INSTALLSHIELD EXPRESS (installed from my
>D4 CD). When I tried to run my program installed on other computers, I got
>the folowing message:
>    exception  EDBEngineError. Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
>    File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\DAO3032.DLL

The error indicates you do not have DAO 3.0 installed on the machine.
If you have DAO 3.5 installed try changing the DLL32 parameter for the Access
driver in the BDE config

>So I tried to move to ACCESS ODBC DRIVER (3.5), but my problem moved too.
>Now, on development time (my computer), running my application, I cant
>access ONE of my ACCESS TABLES.
>When I try to POST, DELETE, etc,  a record, the program shows this kind of
>message:
>    Key Violation Error. QUERY TOO LONG

Try changing the update mode to WhereKeyonly Access ODBC is limited to updating
30 columns

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com