Reading Memo-BLOB Line by Line

2003-11-05 01:39:14 AM
delphi244
Hi,
I have a blob-field in a TIBTable that contains a text. Now I don't want to
show it in a TDBMemo but in a Listview, each line as a listitem. To do so, I
need to read each line seperadly on the OnChange event. Something like
for i := 0 to <no of lines>-1 do
<read line i>
Has anyone an idea how to get the linecount and how to read the lines of the
field?
Thanks, Sascha

Re:Reading Memo-BLOB Line by Line

"Sascha Frohwerk" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I have a blob-field in a TIBTable that contains a text. Now I don't want
show it in a TDBMemo but in a Listview, each line as a listitem. To do so,
need to read each line seperadly on the OnChange event. Something like

for i := 0 to <no of lines>-1 do
<read line i>

Has anyone an idea how to get the linecount and how to read the lines of
the
field?
You could simply assign the memo to a TStringList and iterate through the
lines of the list. Or, you could also place an invisible TDBMemo on the form
and use it.
HTH
--
Woody (TMW)