Re: How to save jpg file to blob

2006-02-06 09:16:44 PM
delphi44
AC Lee writes:
Someone seems to have asked the question and answer(s) was posted,
but I missed it.
Use the LoadFromFile method of the corresponding Blob field or param.
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

Someone seems to have asked the question and answer(s) was posted, but I
missed it.

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

AC Lee writes:
LoadFromFile method wll load to dbimage control but the image data
(jpeg format) will not save to blob of the database - the image
disappears after post! Only bmp data can be saved implicitly.
You cannot use TDBImage with JPEGs. You can use a regular,
non-DB-aware TImage with JPEGs if you add Jpeg to the uses clause of
the form containing it.
There has got to be a way to save jpg data to blob.
Do exactly what I said and don't use TDBImage.
How to ask questions the smart way:

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

LoadFromFile method wll load to dbimage control but the image data (jpeg
format) will not save to blob of the database - the image disappears after
post! Only bmp data can be saved implicitly. There has got to be a way to
save jpg data to blob.
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:43e75a4c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
AC Lee writes:

>Someone seems to have asked the question and answer(s) was posted,
>but I missed it.

Use the LoadFromFile method of the corresponding Blob field or param.

Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

Thank you.
It seems pretty obvious (that one is not supposed to use TDBImage), but it's
not!
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:43e89d9b$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
AC Lee writes:

>LoadFromFile method wll load to dbimage control but the image data
>(jpeg format) will not save to blob of the database - the image
>disappears after post! Only bmp data can be saved implicitly.

You cannot use TDBImage with JPEGs. You can use a regular,
non-DB-aware TImage with JPEGs if you add Jpeg to the uses clause of
the form containing it.

>There has got to be a way to save jpg data to blob.

Do exactly what I said and don't use TDBImage.

How to ask questions the smart way:

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

AC Lee escribi?
LoadFromFile method wll load to dbimage control but the image data (jpeg
format) will not save to blob of the database - the image disappears after
post! Only bmp data can be saved implicitly. There has got to be a way to
save jpg data to blob.

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:43e75a4c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>AC Lee writes:
>

>>Someone seems to have asked the question and answer(s) was posted,
>>but I missed it.
>
>Use the LoadFromFile method of the corresponding Blob field or param.
>
>--
>Craig Stuntz [TeamB] ?Vertex Systems Corp. ?Columbus, OH
>Delphi/InterBase Weblog : blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz
>Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
>server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa

You can install EDBImage component and add JPeg to the uses list.
Find it in torry.net . This is the easiest way to do it.
That's all.

Re: How to save jpg file to blob

Install an insert in your form an EDBImage. You can find it at torry.net.
Add JPeg to Uses.