Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

2004-01-15 06:12:15 AM
delphi262
Iman L Crawford writes:
I am a level one, but I only have Delphi 6 and refuse to use the win
client. Not much sysoping to do in the web client.
That's up to you.
What's you objection to the WinClient?
--
Nick Hodges (TeamB)
Lemanix Corporation - (www.lemanix.com)

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
It's interesting how so many people are volunteering suggestions for
proposals I already made in this newsgroup and requested comments on
that were not forthcoming. Why is that? (Truly curious.)
I think Danny hit the nail on the head a few days ago when he accurately
characterized the nature of the mentality on Usenet in general.

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Christopher Latta writes:
>However, you missed my point like Nick did. A small vote count is
>appropriate for a product with quick bug fixes and smaller, more
>frequent patch releases.

Don't feel bad. This is the point I have been making since we began QC.

The most important result QC could ever have (from Borland to its
customers) is frequent and timely updates to the issues that are
reported. That has been my primary focus for Borland-related
evangelism of QC ever since it was launched, and no volume of posts
on other issues on the newsgroups will distract me from that. ;-)
This is great news indeed! With more frequent patch releases, 5 votes
would be adequate and in fact would encourage the use of QC. An email
to let you know that your voted bug is fixed would be a useful part of
this feedback process. I think Rudy was going to make a QC entry for
this, so I must drop by and vote for it.
QC is an excellent system - the only thing holding it back is the
frequency of feedback. Once the cycle is smooth and timely, I think it
will be considered to be the cornerstone of customer satisfaction and
the Borland community.
Keep up the great work, John, and I hope your evangelism meets with
continued success. Remember the saying about great ideas: "First it is
ridiculed; then it is vehemently opposed; then it is taken as
established fact". I think QC is passing through phase two now. :-)
Christopher Latta

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

Nick Hodges (TeamB) writes:
Well, we need more people to be sysops.
'Zat so? Hmm...
--
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

On 14-Jan-04, John Kaster (Borland) said:
Don't feel bad. This is the point I have been making since we began QC.

The most important result QC could ever have (from Borland to its
customers) is frequent and timely updates to the issues that are
reported. That has been my primary focus for Borland-related
evangelism of QC ever since it was launched, and no volume of posts
on other issues on the newsgroups will distract me from that. ;-)
In the continued absence of "frequent and timely" updates, an increase
in the vote limit would be entirely appropriate.
--
Bill
--------

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

On 14-Jan-04, Ralph F said:
you are missing my (and Bill's) point. You get one vote for each
office that is on the ballot. Consider each office as the a bug.
A succinct presentation. Then each (hopefully, someday, registered) QC
user can vote up or down on each bug of interest. Analytic software
can, of course, be designed to negate input from users who
indiscriminately vote for all bugs.
--
Bill
--------
"You can not keep on doing things the old way and still get the benefits
of the new way." -- Thomas Sowell

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

I bet someone has said this before, but QC being labeled as "beta" does not
increase the desire to use it and has probably turned some away.
It would be better IMO if qc.borland.com jumped you right into a
browser interface to using the QC product with links for the other beta
clients not being the primary focus.
-Johnnie

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

Dan Miser writes:
I've actually had more problems with bugs with the CoreLab
drivers than the BORL drivers. Funny how people want to bash the BORL
drivers at every turn and give CoreLabs a complete pass.
Thats different from my experience. I moved to the CoreLab ODAC drivers
in 1998 after finding the BDE too slow in production, and have found
them extremely fast and reliable.
Christopher Latta

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

"Nick Hodges (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
I belive that all the Borland QA people are using QC.
Not using, managing. A paid sysop.
Well, we need more people to be sysops. Are you volunteering? ;-)

John Kaster (Borland) writes:

Don't feel bad. This is the point I have been making since we began QC.

The most important result QC could ever have (from Borland to its
customers) is frequent and timely updates to the issues that are
reported. That has been my primary focus for Borland-related evangelism
of QC ever since it was launched, and no volume of posts on other
issues on the newsgroups will distract me from that. ;-)

I like what I hear. Anyway we can make you president of the company?
--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

I think it is over the frustration of no SP being released. I think
it is stupid, but it is human nature. Now that an SP is on the way,
people see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you can wrangle
a quick SP for Delphi 8 right afterwards well, you know the old saying,

Nick Hodges (TeamB) writes:
Well, we need more people to be sysops. Are you volunteering? ;-)
I have twice.
--

Johnnie Norsworthy writes:
It would be better IMO if qc.borland.com jumped you right into
a browser interface to using the QC product with links for the other
beta clients not being the primary focus.
Actually, the only client that is *not* in beta is the Windows client.
I'll get rid of the other beta tags in the HTML when I have a chance.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
Don't miss the best BorCon ever! info.borland.com/conf2003/

Re: Delphi QC Top Voted

William Meyer writes:
In the continued absence of "frequent and timely" updates, an increase
in the vote limit would be entirely appropriate.
I would rather spend my efforts on the former rather than the latter.
There is much development work left to do on QC, and I don't want to
divert available resources to this right now.
--

Iman L Crawford writes:
Not using, managing. A paid sysop.
We already have many paid QC sysops: all the Borland employees who are
already using QC.
On a side note, Borland is financing QC far more than the people on
this newsgroup appear to realize. Borland pays the salaries for all
these employees who are participating in QC.