help regarding file not found (object.tpu)

i have got one program in pascal when i try to compile it the
error "file not found object.tpu" appears is it because i have
pascal for windows 1.5 and i require pascal for win 3.1.
can any one help me out?

Re:help regarding file not found (object.tpu)

> i have got one program in pascal when i try to compile it the
> error "file not found object.tpu" appears is it because i have
> pascal for windows 1.5 and i require pascal for win 3.1.
> can any one help me out?

   (Turbo) Pascal for Windows 1.5 _is_ the Pascal for WIN3.1 - you have
the correct product.  Your problem is that your "Uses" statement is
referencing a TPU which doesn't exist on your system: OBJECT.TPU.  You no
doubt have a "Uses Object;" statement in your source.
   Note that there is no "OBJECT.TPU" to be used in TPW1.5, because
Objects weren't introduced until TP/BP7.0.  In any event, it should be
been coded as "Uses Objects;", not "Uses Object".
   I believe you are confused about what you're trying to do with the
product you have and are using...

Re:help regarding file not found (object.tpu)

Hi,

on Thu, 30 Mar 2000 at 08:15:17 o'clock, buddy wrote:

> i have got one program in pascal when i try to compile it the
> error "file not found object.tpu" appears is it because i have
> pascal for windows 1.5 and i require pascal for win 3.1.
> can any one help me out?

There is no "pascal for win 3.1", at least not from Borland. It is not
unlikely that you have to change the clause "uses Object;" to "uses
WObjects;" in your program.

 - Sebastian

Other Threads