Recipient Verify

2003-06-28 01:16:57 AM
delphi75
Hi,
How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?
Thank
PTTK
www.pttk.cl
www.infotecnologia.com

Re:Recipient Verify

You can use the TidSMTP.Verify() command but due to spaming most servers
have this command disabled for obvious reasons.
The only other option I know of is to do an MX lookup on the domain, but
this is handled in Indy and if the email is invalid I beleive an error is
raised.
Anything more detailed than that is usually not an easy task for the obvious
reason of spam prevention.
Hope this helps,
Cam Schwieder
"Sergio Pottstock" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?

Thank

PTTK
www.pttk.cl
www.infotecnologia.com

Re:Recipient Verify

| How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?
there is no fullproof method, you will need to send the email
to find out if it is an valid email-address.
Bas

Re:Recipient Verify

Sorry, I use Indy component, and verify the mail account before send email
Thank
PTTK
"Don Siders" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje

>How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?

What are you using to send the emails?

--
Don

Join the Indy Docs project! (www.indyproject.org/teams/docs)

Re:Recipient Verify

"Sergio Pottstock" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>| How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?
>there is no fullproof method, you will need to send the email
>to find out if it is an valid email-address.
There is TIdSMTP.Verify. But most SMTP servers disable VERIFY to prevent
spam and other forms of abuse. As Bas said... there is no fool-proof way to
do it.
Join the Indy Docs project! (www.indyproject.org/teams/docs)

Re:Recipient Verify

Thank
But, always the first "string" in the email is UserName?, for example :
email = XXXX@XXXXX.COM =>Username = kvtz ?
Thank again

>>| How verify if email recipient(s) exits, before send email ?

>>there is no fullproof method, you will need to send the email
>>to find out if it is an valid email-address.

There is TIdSMTP.Verify. But most SMTP servers disable VERIFY to prevent
spam and other forms of abuse. As Bas said... there is no fool-proof way
do it.

--
Don

Join the Indy Docs project! (www.indyproject.org/teams/docs)

Re:Recipient Verify

Thank
Uffff, then it is difficult to verify email account without knowing the
"UserName"?
PTTK
"Andrew Neillans" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje
>Thank
>
>But, always the first "string" in the email is UserName?, for example :
>email = XXXX@XXXXX.COM =>Username = kvtz ?
>
>Thank again

Not always - a lot of mail servers allow aliases.

e.g. XXXX@XXXXX.COM could be XXXX@XXXXX.COM also.

--
Andy

Indy Dedicated News Groups: