Thumbnail Components

2006-09-12 02:22:54 PM
delphi206
Cheers,
I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.
tia
Randy.

Re:Thumbnail Components

You can get a thumbnail rendering component from www.xpressionlab.com
Getting images from BLOBS will have to be done by you tho
"Randy Adanza" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Randy Adanza escreveu:
I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.
Dunno how ACDSee does tilling (doesn't have it installed anymore), but
www.mustangpeak.net/easylistview.htm does tilling and I think you can
easy make it shows any image you want (but you need to load the image from the
database yourself).
Solerman

Re:Thumbnail Components

I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.
TListView is capable of this in the large icon view if you add the
thumbnails to a TImageList.
JVCL [1] has a thumbnail component as well (not much documentation though).
[1] jvcl.sourceforge.net
- matthias

Re:Thumbnail Components

Randy Adanza writes:
I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.
If possible, it'd be a good idea to store the thumbnails into the
database after they are generated - otherwise viewing a page of images
will incur the huge cost of pulling the images from the database,
opening and resizing them at runtime.
Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
--
www.sherlocksoftware.org

Re:Thumbnail Components

Randy
Try this component from TMSSoftware, I have been using their components
for over 10 years and they are a great company to work with.
TAdvCardList & TDBAdvCardList : highly customizable & flexible editable card
list
Mark Moss
"Randy Adanza" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Cheers,

I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.

tia
Randy.

Re:Thumbnail Components

Randy
Here is the Link to the Component
www.tmssoftware.com/advcardlist.htm
Mark Moss
"Mark Moss" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Cheers,
>
>I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
>to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
>but the images resides on the database as blobs.
>
>tia
>Randy.

Re:Thumbnail Components

Good point, I will definitely keep that in mind.
"Nicholas Sherlock" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Randy Adanza writes:
>I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
>to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
>but the images resides on the database as blobs.

If possible, it'd be a good idea to store the thumbnails into the database
after they are generated - otherwise viewing a page of images will incur
the huge cost of pulling the images from the database, opening and
resizing them at runtime.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

--
www.sherlocksoftware.org

Re:Thumbnail Components

Thanks for the help guys, I figured that there are plenty of controls out
there but that I
will have to fetch the Blobs from the DB myself.
Anyways, thanks to all of you.
Randy.
"Randy Adanza" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Cheers,

I am wondering if there is a component out there that will allow me
to tile the thumbnail images the way thumbnails are shown in acdsee,
but the images resides on the database as blobs.

tia
Randy.

Re:Thumbnail Components

If possible, it'd be a good idea to store the thumbnails into the
database after they are generated
Why not store in thumb.db as Microsoft do? Just create the file with same
format...