DEBUG ERROR

2003-09-17 05:28:38 PM
delphi272
Hi,
I use Delphi 6 Pro,
when my progrma (*.pas) is long or
when I use external DLL
all work correct but not DEBUG, it show the wrong line,
example :
line 9 : var_1 := 0;
line 10 : var_2 := 0;
line 11 : var_3 := 0;
line 12 : var_4 := 0
line 13 : var_5 := 0;
in line 12 I not use semicolon, but debug say "program.pas (9): Missing
operator or semicolon"
error is correct , but line is wrong.
Why???

Re:DEBUG ERROR

"Max G." <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>...

I use Delphi 6 Pro,

when my progrma (*.pas) is long or
when I use external DLL
all work correct but not DEBUG, it show the wrong line,

example :

line 9 : var_1 := 0;
line 10 : var_2 := 0;
line 11 : var_3 := 0;
line 12 : var_4 := 0
line 13 : var_5 := 0;

in line 12 I not use semicolon, but debug say "program.pas (9): Missing
operator or semicolon"
error is correct , but line is wrong.

Why???
You can try EurekaLog (www.eurekalog.com).
EurekaLog is an add-in tool that gives to your application (GUI,
Console, Web, etc.) the ability to catch every exception (even those
raised by memory leaks) and every infinite-loops/deadlock bugs,
generating a detailed log of call stack (with unit, class, method and
line #), showing and sending it back to you via email.
Best regards...
Fabio Dell'Aria.

Re:DEBUG ERROR

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Max G. writes:
I use Delphi 6 Pro,

when my progrma (*.pas) is long or
when I use external DLL
all work correct but not DEBUG, it show the wrong line,

example :

line 9 : var_1 := 0;
line 10 : var_2 := 0;
line 11 : var_3 := 0;
line 12 : var_4 := 0
line 13 : var_5 := 0;

in line 12 I not use semicolon, but debug say "program.pas (9): Missing
operator or semicolon"
error is correct , but line is wrong.

Why???
You usually get that if some linebreaks in your source are messed up,
i.e. instead of a proper #13#10 linebreak they only have a #10 at the
end. The compiler digests that but it corrupts the linecount.
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm