Re: dn.codegear.com

2006-12-15 11:48:31 PM
delphi171
I like, both Developer Network and Code Central. You can actually find
stuff, unlike the Borland website. Great Christmas present. I have seen the
comments on people not liking the design, but I got to ask, do you like the
Borland site better, because I sure don't. This is definitely a step in the
right direction. Kudos to whoever did it.
-- Larry Maturo
"Magnus Flysj? <magnus@nospam>writes
Developer Network for CodeGear is taking shape.
I like the design.

dn.codegear.com/

Re: dn.codegear.com

They'll have to find a new name for BDNtv (image displayed on the image
& video tab)...
- Florent

Re: dn.codegear.com

"Luke" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Why do I see "Borland" in so many places? Copyright note: Borland. Site
icon in the address bar: Borland's "B" And so on...
Because CodeGear is a Borland company, obviously. Come on people, haven't
any of you ever worked for a subsidiary before?

Re: dn.codegear.com

""Leonardo M. Ram?" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I don't like the design, too amateurish for me. A company with the size and
reputation of Borland simply can not come with a {*word*99}py design like this.
I happen to like the design quite a bit.

Developers must be seduced not only by the tools produced by a vendor, but
also its web site and printed material. Just take a look at these smaller
companies sites:

www.37signals.com/
Not my cup of tea, but I suppose some people somewhere like the color
scheme.
www.activestate.com/
Eh. So-so. Nothing really great, though nothing bad either.
www.mono-project.com/
Yuck. that is one of the most unattractive supposedly professional sites I've
ever seen.

I'm sure there are a lot of great graphic designers around the world that
will be very happy to take the position of Borland's actual designers that
(i think) cost simply too much.
Hopefully they won't take your advice, given the web sites you used as
examples.

Re: dn.codegear.com

"Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft)" <pooh996.gmail.com>writes
why not www.ibm.com ?
Wow, that is a superb design. Now THAT is a web presence.

Re: dn.codegear.com

"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:4582b69a$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
See, I knew people would only complain once it arrived anyway :-)
What, negativity in non-tech? Who'd a thunk it?

Re: dn.codegear.com

being sarcastic, aren't we?

Florent Ouchet writes:
They'll have to find a new name for BDNtv (image displayed on the
image & video tab)...
Yes, we will
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: dn.codegear.com

Magnus Flysjv writes:
Developer Network for CodeGear is taking shape.
Correct .. "taking shape" is the operative term. There's still lots of
changes that may (or may not) happen before we officially launch.
At some point, we needed to make the domain live to test things. So we
did ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re: dn.codegear.com

Brad White writes:
So, a quick recap:
LMAO! I think they need to figure out how to get cheese on their site
to go with all the whine around here.
--

Re: dn.codegear.com

Brad White writes:
NT: Oh, it looks like they rushed into it. Guys, what's the hurry?
Take the time to do it right.
LOL --
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

message news:4582b7b0$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>www.37signals.com/

{*word*99} design.

>www.activestate.com/

{*word*99} use of space but design it okay.

>www.mono-project.com/

Quite similar to the first, only nicer. I like the bit at the top and the
icons, the general content presentation I think it quite poor though.

www.droopyeyes.com/
And that?
- Nate.

Re: dn.codegear.com

"Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft)" <pooh996.gmail.com>writes
being sarcastic, aren't we?
[No, I actually was quite impressed.]
I can see that my overuse of sarcasm is now making me look like I am always
sarcastic. I don't know why. I was never sarcastic before! <g>

Re: dn.codegear.com

Rick Carter writes:
As if you were going to do it anyway! John, you know in non-tech we
prefer to believe that nothing would happen if we didn't do enough
shouting, ranting, and raving about it! <g>
LOL
--

John Kaster writes:
At some point, we needed to make the domain live to test things. So we
did ;)
As if you were going to do it anyway! John, you know in non-tech we
prefer to believe that nothing would happen if we didn't do enough
shouting, ranting, and raving about it! <g>
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM