XML ODBC Driver?

2006-11-02 03:31:17 AM
delphi252
I would like the ability to take an old archaic programming language that I
work with and be able to access the data. I do have CGI ability and would
like to output something like:
<RecordSet>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
</RecordSet>
I would like an ODBC driver to interpret this and return results to Excel
(my Delphi apps) and more.
Does anyone know of such a thing?
Thanks,
Tom

Re:XML ODBC Driver?

Tom írta:
I would like the ability to take an old archaic programming language that I
work with and be able to access the data. I do have CGI ability and would
like to output something like:

<RecordSet>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
</RecordSet>

I would like an ODBC driver to interpret this and return results to Excel
(my Delphi apps) and more.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Hi,
Unfortunatelly I don't know such a thing but I'd needed it too.
Sqlyog (www.webyog.com/en/) can connect to your mysql database on
the web via a little php tunnel. it is very easy, just copy a php to the
webserver and you can administer the database.
I thinked of a delphi comonent that does the same thing. IMHO It would
be much more productive to handle a database from Delphi than php.
The sqlyog php tunnel simply translates the sql responses to xml and the
program interprets it.
Regards
Zoltan

Re:XML ODBC Driver?

"Tom"
Does anyone know of such a thing?
Does this help:
support.microsoft.com/kb/271772 ?
If you have SQL Server 2005, you can use Microsoft's SQLXML Oledb provider.

Re:XML ODBC Driver?

Tom writes:
<RecordSet>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
<Record>
<FieldName>Data Contained</FieldName>
</Record>
</RecordSet>
ADO will do this out of the box with any OleDB provider, including
the OleDb provider for ODBC.
Configure the ADO connection for a client-side cursor, execute the SQL
and save the resulting recordset by executing recordset.savetofile
('filename.xml')
You can then load the xml file from disk into an Ado recordset in
your Delphi application.
--
Arthur Hoornweg
(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"

Re:XML ODBC Driver?

ADO will do this out of the box with any OleDB provider, including
the OleDb provider for ODBC.

Configure the ADO connection for a client-side cursor, execute the SQL
and save the resulting recordset by executing recordset.savetofile
('filename.xml')

You can then load the xml file from disk into an Ado recordset in
your Delphi application.
Thank you Arthur! I will be looking into this.
Tom