CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

2006-01-12 03:05:53 AM
delphi204
I've run into another "the menu is enabled but nobody's home" item. I expect (now) that CaliberRM is as included in the Pro version as StarTeam - to use it you need to buy it - am I correct or is it something I am missing.
From Help: "Developer Studio 2006 provides full integration with CaliberRM requirements management software. Using this integration, you can add, remove, and update requirements for your software project within the Developer Studio 2006 IDE. This integration also enables you to create links between the requirement specification and the portions of the code within your software project that fulfill the requirement."
Darn, even the feature matrix states: "New! Complete native Borland?CaliberRM?Experience IDE integration" I must have misread that to mean it'd be in there ... there's that durned "integration" word again :(
TIA,
--
Dave Keighan
XanaNewser [ 1.17.6.6]

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Dave Keighan writes:
I've run into another "the menu is enabled but nobody's home" item. I
expect (now) that CaliberRM is as included in the Pro version as
StarTeam - to use it you need to buy it - am I correct or is it
something I am missing.
No version of Delphi includes non-trial CaliberRM. IMHO Borland should
change that, but it is how it is right now.
Useful articles about InterBase development:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/category/21.aspx

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Ingvar Nilsen,
Marketing could have made it clear, to all.
Oh yea, my first time through the feature matrix was a quick browse with my jaw on the floor - wow. Next time I was looking specifically for the word "integration" which apparently means "part of the product but (like batteries) ... not included". No biggie, just have to keep doing it the old fashioned way :)
--
Dave Keighan
XanaNewser [ 1.17.6.6]

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Dave Keighan writes:
I've run into another "the menu is enabled but nobody's home" item.
lol
Darn, even the feature matrix states: "New! Complete native Borland?
CaliberRM?Experience IDE integration" I must have misread that to
mean it'd be in there ... there's that durned "integration" word
again :(
It is not perfectly clear, at least not to non-native-English speakers
that Caliber is not part of BDS. It is clear to Borland, it is clear to
many others, but by far not to all.
Marketing could have made it clear, to all.
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Ingvar Nilsen escribio:
Marketing could have made it clear, to all.
They should use: "CaliberRM ready", "CaliberRM support/ed", "CaliberRM
compatible", etc.
"Integration" word leads to be confused with "integrated".
Saludos
Sebastian

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Oh yea, my first time through the feature matrix was a quick browse with
=
my jaw on the floor - wow. Next time I was looking specifically for the =
word "integration" which apparently means "part of the product but (like
=
batteries) ... not included". No biggie, just have to keep doing it the =
old fashioned way :)
The next software product I try to sell will feature "integration" with
every product I or my clients can think of. I know how to use the
ShellExecute and CreateProcess APIs... :)
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] writes:
They should use: "CaliberRM ready", "CaliberRM support/ed", "CaliberRM
compatible", etc.
"Integration" word leads to be confused with "integrated".
Exactly
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Rick Carter writes:
>Oh yea, my first time through the feature matrix was a quick browse with
>my jaw on the floor - wow. Next time I was looking specifically for the =
>word "integration" which apparently means "part of the product but (like
The next software product I try to sell will feature "integration" with
every product I or my clients can think of. I know how to use the
ShellExecute and CreateProcess APIs... :)
Even easier than that, you can add your own items to the Tools menu in
Delphi!
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re:CaliberRM in BDS2006 Pro.

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
No version of Delphi includes non-trial CaliberRM. IMHO Borland
should change that, but it is how it is right now.
I did read a comment from a Borlander on this subject and it is
something that they may consider in the future and I really do have to
agree that is should include a single license for both client and
server.
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC