Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

2008-01-30 12:28:09 AM
delphi139
I suddenly notice that Nick hasn't posted in a while so I search for his
latest post. The latest I could find was November 14th, 2007! I wasn't
able to keep up with the newsgroup for a few weeks, so I might have
missed something.
Two and a half-months absence is quite a long time without a post from
Delphi's Product Manager.
I know you're around somewhere; I still get your blog posts.
Nick, if your lurking, give us a sign you're still around!
Mark

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

Mark,
| I suddenly notice that Nick hasn't posted in a while so I search for
| his latest post. The latest I could find was November 14th, 2007!
Here's a later post from Nick in another group. <g>
=================================
From: "Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Subject: Re: Delphi 2007 How to get rid of Installware wizard December Update
Date: 8 Jan 2008 12:44:28 -0700
I know it was an option when i installed delphi but now how to get
rid of it? (doing uncheck has no effect).
I'd recommend installing the update.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Mark A. Andrews writes:
I suddenly notice that Nick hasn't posted in a while so I search for
his latest post. The latest I could find was November 14th, 2007! I
wasn't able to keep up with the newsgroup for a few weeks, so I might
have missed something.
I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.
Doei RIF

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

Zoren Lendry writes:
You want your smartest people to be able to hole away somewhere
Yeah, yeah, but this is NICK we're talking about!
<gdr>

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

With Tiburon on the forefront, I'd guess they are keeping pretty busy
there.
"Mark A. Andrews" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Richard Foersom writes:
I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.
Usually it means they are in the middle of some huge changes for the
next release. it is a good thing :)
You want your smartest people to be able to hole away somewhere for a
few weeks at a time to make the biggest changes.
Loren sZendre

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

" Tom Corey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Yeah, yeah, but this is NICK we're talking about!

<gdr>
That ought to draw him out! <g>
--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Winwright, Inc. (www.winwright.ca)

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

Richard,
| I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.
My guess would be that they are buried in work. <g>
01/29/2008 15:53:37

Richard Foersom writes:
Mark A. Andrews writes:

>I suddenly notice that Nick hasn't posted in a while so I search for
>his latest post. The latest I could find was November 14th, 2007! I
>wasn't able to keep up with the newsgroup for a few weeks, so I might
>have missed something.

I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.

Doei RIF
Not 100% correct, Allen Bauer is talking like a chatterbox...

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:16:41 +0100, Rod writes:
>I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.
Not 100% correct, Allen Bauer is talking like a chatterbox...
Steve Trefethen is also fairly active:
www.stevetrefethen.com/blog/
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Re:Where's Nick? Did I miss something?

I get the impression Nick took a decision to spend far less time here in
non-technical. It must have been using up a significant proportion of his
day.
SteveT

On 29 Jan 2008 16:50:57 -0700, Chris Burrows writes:
>Steve Trefethen is also fairly active:
>www.stevetrefethen.com/blog/
Steve is no longer at CodeGear. He started working for Falafel in July 2007.
Oops, let me try again.
Chris Bensen is also fairly active:
chrisbensen.blogspot.com/
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Richard Foersom writes:
Mark A. Andrews writes:

>I suddenly notice that Nick hasn't posted in a while so I search for
>his latest post. The latest I could find was November 14th, 2007! I
>wasn't able to keep up with the newsgroup for a few weeks, so I
>might have missed something.

I think all the CodeGear'ers have been quiet lately.

Doei RIF
Could it be because of the writers' strike that is going on.... ;-)
--
Don Gollahon

Steve Thackery writes:
I get the impression Nick took a decision to spend far less time here in
non-technical. It must have been using up a significant proportion of
his day.

SteveT
Yeah, but two and a half months is a long time...

"Q Correll" writes:

| Steve Trefethen is also fairly active:

But Steve no longer works for CodeGear.
www.stevetrefethen.com/blog/UsingTheDelphiCommandLineCompilerOnAContinuousIntegrationServer.aspx