Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

2007-04-08 03:30:04 PM
delphi99
Thomas Miller writes:
He shouldn't have to call in to register a new program. It isn't like
everyone is stealing CodeGear product. All they are doing is punishing
their paying customers.
No, they are preventing piracy.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Clearly something has gone horribly wrong for Christopher -- I
naturally want to fix things.
So will you send him his money back ?

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Christopher Burke writes:
Assuming that is the case, then what you can do is
4. Inform me on how I can get my refund...
You are not entitled to one.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Donald Shimoda writes:
Now im reading again, man, me english is terrific! :P
Are you sure you don't mean "terrifying"? :)

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

"Christopher Burke" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Assuming that is the case, then what you can do is
4. Inform me on how I can get my refund...

Let us know if they give you a refund or not.
This will be a litmus test on what CodeGear is "really" all about.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Liz, your permanent blindness over actual registration troubles is
strange.
I don't understand this either.
Why should a User / Customer defend this obvious {*word*99}?
Accepting it is one thing, but defending it?

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

This release have a lot of trouble in the activation thing.
D2007:
1) First serial was allready used by someone else ??
2) Have to phone Holland for a new one.
3) Some attemt to register, but I was no meber of Borland community ( I
am!)
4) Too many installations - call Holland
5) Calling Holland - Girl have difficult to anderstand me and hang up!
6) Try anoter registration. Go OK. Have using 3 different serials from CG
for 1 software.
7) Nice and easy ;-)
D4PHP:
about the same, exept more try to register because I was no meber of BC ...
Most attemt to register give a errormessage from the registerwebb :-(
However I dont call Holland this time.
When I look at my accont i Borland, I can se that I have done a lot of
installations,
but thats not tru. I have only done 1.
Now I cant register next time I reinstall my software whitout to call
Holland!!
AND I dont have a own copy of the software (ISO/RAR/..).
Well, I don't think this is the way to go for CG.
I can get my pirat copy any minute, so for that sake, dont stay with this
bad activation.
A lot of critic here, but thats for given you a chans to clean up the mess.
Göran
"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i meddelandet
Christopher Burke writes:

>Ok... I bought Delphi 2007 and Delphi PHP.

I'm really sorry that you have been having trouble.

>Since I have bought them:
>1. I have been sent the wrong serial number

Can you explain this? This shouldn't be possible.

>2. I have had my PHP order lost by the ESD people.

That I can believe.

>3. I have had my PHP licence cancelled by an installation of Delphi 2007

Can you explain this further? This shouldn't be possible.

>4. I am unable to move my licence from one computer to another.

Again, this should be very possible. What make you think it isn't
possible?

>AND FINALLY
>
>5. I can not use Delphi 4 PHP at all now, cause it thinks
>a) The server is down 40% of the time
>b) My community account doesn't exist 40%
>c) My key has been installed 12 times, and can not be used again.

It can be used again -- why was it installed 12 times? You can call

>So - given my plan was to convert to them in the free time (4 days)
>over easter, and given that Codegear has decided not to let me use
>their software, I have decided I want a full refund for what may be
>great bits of software - if I WAS ALLOWED TO USE THEM.
>
>When Codegear decides to let me use the software I buy, then I might
>concider reevaluating COdegear.

I can not think of a single way that we prevent you from using your
software, so something must have gone horribly wrong. If you'd like to
send me an email, I will personally work with you get get this right.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Perhaps you are not listening to what he is saying.
He can not get the software working for which he has paid money for.
To Christopher,
I know you feel upset about this, but Nick has maid you a reasonable offer.
Unfortunately we all have to waste time every now and again when dealing
with software installations. it is par for the cause. But you have been a
Delphi programmer for a long time, surely you don't want to abandom ship
over this?
To CodeGear,
Make sure that your software activation process works flawlessly and err in
favour of the customer when necessary.
regards
Mike
"Rob Al" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>It's too late for that... I have had nothing but problems with Codegear
>registration/licencing since it started. I HAD NO PROBLEMS with Borland
>registration over 10 other products over the last decade.
>
>I'm outta here - sorry.

You shouldnt be able to get a refund if you have opened the packet and
installed it.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Let us know if they give you a refund or not.
Well, they shouldnt give him a refund.
If they do, they should refund all of us who bought the badly broken
Delphi 2005 and just put it aside unused.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

theo writes:

>Liz, your permanent blindness over actual registration troubles is
>strange.

I don't understand this either.
Why should a User / Customer defend this obvious {*word*99}?
Accepting it is one thing, but defending it?
She is keeping the faith.
She is strong in her Team B faith.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Mike B writes:
Perhaps you are not listening to what he is saying.

He can not get the software working for which he has paid money for.
So ?
Still does not entitle him to a refund.
He bought it.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Mike B writes:
I know you feel upset about this, but Nick has maid you a reasonable offer.
Nick has told me he will personally resolve my issues, as have the
previous helpful people done.
It don't resolve the issue though - I cannot use the software NOW... and
if it is happened 4 times in less than that many weeks for various
reasons... it means I CANNOT DEPEND on the software.
This isn't about bugs in the software - you do your best to sort them
out, this is about stuff you have PURPOSELY included in the system,
through your choices, I have been unable to use the software....
So - now the software will remain unused for months, as the opportunity
I had this 4 days is not about to present itself soon.
I begged for an answer 3 days ago... but nothing was forthcoming.
If they can get it working NOW, when I need it - with 1 of those days
spare... then fine...
That's not the case..

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

"Rob Al" writes:

>>Liz, your permanent blindness over actual registration troubles is
>>strange.
>
>I don't understand this either.
>Why should a User / Customer defend this obvious {*word*99}?
>Accepting it is one thing, but defending it?

She is keeping the faith.
She is strong in her Team B faith.
She is myopically challenged. ;>)

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Rob Al writes:

>Let us know if they give you a refund or not.

Well, they shouldnt give him a refund.
If they do, they should refund all of us who bought the badly broken
Delphi 2005 and just put it aside unused.
Well - I did get a refund for that.
And this is a far different issue, it is a proactive decision to make my
software unusable, not a few bugs in the software.

Re: Requesting a Full Refund ?

Rob Al writes:
Still does not entitle him to a refund.
He bought it.
And Codegear decided to not allow me to use it.
Not much clearer reason for a refund than I can see....