Re: Delphi Prof 7+ package is all I need. Please sell.

2006-12-10 05:51:33 PM
delphi135
Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
insert name writes:

>That was the Delphi Product Manager who said that.
>However, he was in "Marketing Mode" and that statement should be
>interpreted liberally. You can of course buy it from ebay.

Let's stick to facts, shall we?

You can buy Delphi 7 from us.
Ok.
I want to buy Delphi 7 from you.
Give me a url or the email details of the person to contact.

Re: Delphi Prof 7+ package is all I need. Please sell.

Also with the hotfixes etc Delphi 2006 is a order of magnitude more
stable and just as fast as Delphi 7.
You got sekret updates and hotfixes, cause I don't think that is a correct
conclusion, especially when you say "...aN order of magnitude...".
This is with Delphi SpeedUp in loaded in both environments. Did you
disable some things in D2006? (like Together, Error Insight, etc.).
- Nate.

Nathaniel L. Walker writes:
>Also with the hotfixes etc Delphi 2006 is a order of magnitude more
>stable and just as fast as Delphi 7.

You got sekret updates and hotfixes, cause I don't think that is a correct
conclusion, especially when you say "...aN order of magnitude...".

This is with Delphi SpeedUp in loaded in both environments. Did you
disable some things in D2006? (like Together, Error Insight, etc.).

- Nate.

No, nothing secret going on. I had delphi 7 and 2006 on the same laptop
and once 2006 is loaded it is just as fast and it crashes far far less
than D7. Now I am using the pro version which does not have the full
blown together stuff. I used to have to restart Delphi 7 several times per
day and with D2006 it only happens once it a great while and usually
when I am debugging thread. But overall D2006 with all the updates and
hotfixes is a very nice to work with.
--
Tony

Re: Delphi Prof 7+ package is all I need. Please sell.

Nick Hodges writes:
You can buy Delphi 7 from us.
Yes, but will you sell it to him in a plain brown wrapper?
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Delphi Prof 7+ package is all I need. Please sell.

>Yes, I want to use tools that I feel are good. And I am every now and
>then worried that how my development tool Delphi will survive in
>general. And to which NET-jungle the last usable Delphi Win32-version
>finally {*word*88}s.
RandomAccess writes:
I used to think this way a long time ago. You cannot control Borland or
the
market. The best thing to do is simply to get on with what you need to
be
doing and let Borland worry about what they need to be doing.
Excellent advice! There's so much silly ranting on this group about
"sell me a version of Turbo with all the .NET SDK stuff removed," "sell
me Delphi in a plain brown wrapper with no fancy graphics," etc.
Each time CodeGear comes up with a product, I either decide to buy it,
or stick with what I have. And, contrary to what you may think by reading
this group, I think there are a lot of customers who like what CodeGear
is putting out, and are glad to buy it.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

"Rick Carter" writes:

There's so much silly ranting on this group about
"sell me a version of Turbo with all the .NET SDK stuff removed," "sell
me Delphi in a plain brown wrapper with no fancy graphics," etc.
I know exactly what you mean, I just read a message from some dude named
Rick Carter whose silly rant said, "Yes, but will you sell it to him in a
plain brown wrapper?" ;-)