Re: It actually happened!

2005-08-26 12:26:34 AM
delphi247
At 14:20:22, 25.08.2005, <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>>Well, by early next year you and everyone else will have one.
>
>LOL!

Certainly by next year, very few 32 bit machines will be sold.
Perhaps, but even if so, that does in no way mean that everyone will have
one. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they

Re: It actually happened!

Rick Carter writes:
Rudy, don't you get it yet? You will have all 64-bit machines by next
year, or you will have your house raided by the 64-bit police! There is
no alternative!
Dennis is welcome to drop by any time, but I have to warn you: Any
computer incapable of running "Reader Rabbit's Kindergarten Math"
(which can scarcely survive on XP....) will not last long in my house.
So he might have to settle for a beer instead of replacing my computer.
:)
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re: It actually happened!

>"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>Certainly by next year, very few 32 bit machines will be sold.

Perhaps, but even if so, that does in no way mean that everyone will have
one. <g>
Rudy, don't you get it yet? You _will_ have all 64-bit machines by next
year, or you will have your house raided by the 64-bit police! There is
no alternative!
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: It actually happened!

At 19:24:33, 25.08.2005, Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
Rick Carter writes:

>Rudy, don't you get it yet? You will have all 64-bit machines by next
>year, or you will have your house raided by the 64-bit police! There is
>no alternative!

Dennis is welcome to drop by any time, but I have to warn you: Any
computer incapable of running "Reader Rabbit's Kindergarten Math"
(which can scarcely survive on XP....) will not last long in my house.
So he might have to settle for a beer instead of replacing my computer.
:)
He's also welcome to drop by here, but he should first call me if I am at
home at all. I would gladly let him replace my computers.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?"

Re: It actually happened!

At 15:22:23, 25.08.2005, <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>I wonder how long it will take before, say, %25 of all machines in use
>are 64-bit.

80% of machines are replaced in around 3 years.

So, I'd assume that in a year, 25% will be 64 bit.
Are these US numbers, or worldwide ones? The US is only one of Borland's
markets.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"It's the liberal bias. The press is liberally biased to the right."

Re: It actually happened!

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
Any
computer incapable of running "Reader Rabbit's Kindergarten Math"
I can sympathize with that requirement :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: It actually happened!

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>>I wonder how long it will take before, say, %25 of all machines in use
>>are 64-bit.
>
>80% of machines are replaced in around 3 years.
>
>So, I'd assume that in a year, 25% will be 64 bit.

Are these US numbers, or worldwide ones? The US is only one of Borland's
markets.
So Borland is in hardware now ?
After all, we are talking about 64 bit computers....
--
Seek simplicity and mistrust it.
Alfred Whitehead

Re: It actually happened!

David Clegg writes:
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:

>Any
>computer incapable of running "Reader Rabbit's Kindergarten Math"

I can sympathize with that requirement :-)
That reminds me, I still have to finish the multiplayer UNO game I was
writing! Luckily UNO was a fad a while back, but I am sure it'll surface
again.
--
www.jed-software.com

Re: It actually happened!

JED writes:
That reminds me, I still have to finish the multiplayer UNO game I was
writing! Luckily UNO was a fad a while back, but I am sure it'll
surface again.
Oooohh... my girlfriend, her kids and my daughter are avid Uno fans.
I'd be very interested in seeing that game finished being written <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re: It actually happened!

JED writes:
That reminds me, I still have to finish the multiplayer UNO game I was
writing! Luckily UNO was a fad a while back, but I am sure it'll
surface again.
They make UNO for preschoolers now. I have played with my 4 year old
daughter. (When we get together with some friends, we sometimes play
speed UNO. That can get pretty intense.)
--
Mike Swaim XXXX@XXXXX.COM at home | Quote: "Boingie"^4 Y,W & D
MD Anderson Dept. of Biostatistics & Applied Mathematics

Re: It actually happened!

Angra Mainyu writes:
My gawd man, are you traveling in some sort of a weird time warp
machine?
I get RD at home, brought it with me. That article is only from last
month's issue.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: It actually happened!

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
so operator overloading actually denotes an overworked telephone
operator?
I'd say it was the operator of the crane who overloaded it.
--

At 02:38:47, 26.08.2005, <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>Are these US numbers, or worldwide ones? The US is only one of
>Borland's markets.

So Borland is in hardware now ?
After all, we are talking about 64 bit computers....
If people don't have 64 bit hardware, their need for a 64bit Delphi is
likely to be rather low. So even if 25% of the US have 64 bit systems,
that might not be a market big enough for Borland to make developing a 64
bit version of Delphi worthwhile.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.

Re: It actually happened!

Kostas Terzides writes:

>Which version are you using?

Peter is an ECO expert, I think the answer is obvious <g>
I think it is obvious I wanted an answer from Peter.
I think he uses a custom version given to him by Borland.
Now, Peter, what say you?

Re: It actually happened!

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
At 19:25:27, 24.08.2005, Michael Anonymous writes:

>>Delphi 2005 hung on me!
>
>Which version are you using?

Er... probably Delphi 2005. <g>

If I was that dumb,
I probably wouldn't be programming in Delphi. <g>
(
Peter, did you apply all the patches?
Did you get a custom version from Borland?
Did you get custom help fixing the IDE from Borland?
etc.
)