Re: Delphi 64 suggestion

2007-06-21 08:09:28 AM
delphi90
Q Correll writes:
Donald,

| command line compiler <>command line development. :)

While true,... it is still archaic. <g>
I dont think so. Youn can have the designer in 32 bits and the compiler
in 64 bits. Off course you will have limitation at code complete etc,
but is a option.
If you need samples take a look at FPC working with projects designed
in Delphi IDE. ;)
--
Donald Shimoda

Re: Delphi 64 suggestion

Johnnie Norsworthy writes:
Maybe the person(s) in CodeGear working on 64 bit development could blog
about the work in progress. No forward looking information - perish the
thought, just something to show there is actual work being done. At this
point we don't even know if there is such a person at CodeGear.

It is. See
blogs.codegear.com/abauer/archive/2007/06/01/35293.aspx
and read it carefully.
How about an R&D pie chart showing the number of people working on each
aspect of the roadmap for all products? That would clear up some of the
clouded vision I see here in non-tech.

-Johnnie

Imho, it will make things worse. I bet that regardless of numbers shown we'll find
"way too few men" on (almost) all areas :-) And, in deed, they are "way too few"
compared with our desires and compared with us. The key for them is to have the
courage to assign tasks and to get ideas from the community. Another thing which
would help is Eric Grange's *early* builds (snapshots) downloadable in a easy form
both for us (compressed, multi-volumes, aso.) and for them (login in CodeCentral, NDA
- if otherwise isn't possible, aso.)

Re: Delphi 64 suggestion

Johnnie,
| How about an R&D pie chart showing the number of people working on each
aspect of the roadmap for all products?
We're not running CodeGear's business. That type of info is really only
for corporate insiders project management.
06/21/2007 09:39:15
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Delphi 64 suggestion

Hello,
other posts of Nick already hint at the possibilities of releasing such
"preview" command line compilers or so...
Greetings
Markus