New Flat Button Styles / Docking tool bars -- Available?

I am interested in finding out if the "flat" buttons and docking tool bars
such as that found in M$Explorer are availble in C++Builder or Delphi 3.

The standard speed buttons do not seem to provide a "no-bevel" mode which
can be used for this.  In addition, the panels don't seem to have docking
functionality.  Is there a way to achive this look through the
Delphi/Builder products?

Thanks,

-Art
--
Art Pollard <Polla...@Hawaii.edu>
Moderator for Comp.Theory.Info-Retrieval

Re:New Flat Button Styles / Docking tool bars -- Available?

 Art,

Drop a speedbutton on a form, set a glyph in it, set the Flat property to
True; Press F9 and you will see a flat button on your screen that will pop
up when your mouse goes over it.

Since Delphi is written in Delphi, you can be assured that anything your see
in the Delphi IDE is able to be duplicated using Delphi.

Matthew J. Brock - m...@azstarnet.com
Computer Solutions:AZ
Tucson, AZ

TVisualBasic:=class(None);

Art Pollard wrote in article <5sm6cc$...@news.Hawaii.Edu>...

Matthew J. Brock <m...@azstarnet.com> wrote in article
<5smefl$...@news.azstarnet.com>...

> Since Delphi is written in Delphi, you can be assured that anything your
see
> in the Delphi IDE is able to be duplicated using Delphi.

That may be so - but to find out how they did it ?

For instance, how do I create the little combo-boxes in a string list type
control like the object inspector does.  (ie: a combo-box without the
border)

Cheers,

Lester

Re:New Flat Button Styles / Docking tool bars -- Available?

After some messing around I did it this way. I put a "coolbar"
on the form and then added a speed button and set it's flat
property to true. You must use a speed button for this because
it is a nonwindowed control. If you add a regular (windowed) button
to the coolbar it will add a "coolband" and so on for each windowed
control. HTH

Trevor S. Cornpropst