InstallSheild Lite Problems

I read about some problems with InstallShield back a month
or so ago.  Of course, at the time I didn't care so I didn't
read it....

Now I do care.  I need to install a couple of small aps that
use BDE on a bunch of different machines.  So I installed
InstallShield lite and ....

(1) Gee, could they have made this process harder to understand?
(2) InstallSheild has a check box that (claims it) lets you
    include an uninstall program.  I checked this, there
    doesn't seem to be such a program installed.
(3) I've had problems with InstallShield Lite unpacking BDE.

Any comments, anyone?

Re:InstallSheild Lite Problems

Randy Hyde <rh...@cs.ucr.edu> wrote in article
<4v5jo0$...@noise.ucr.edu>...

> I read about some problems with InstallShield back a month
> or so ago.  Of course, at the time I didn't care so I didn't
> read it....

> Now I do care.  I need to install a couple of small aps that
> use BDE on a bunch of different machines.  So I installed
> InstallShield lite and ....

> (1) Gee, could they have made this process harder to understand?
> (2) InstallSheild has a check box that (claims it) lets you
>     include an uninstall program.  I checked this, there
>     doesn't seem to be such a program installed.
> (3) I've had problems with InstallShield Lite unpacking BDE.

> Any comments, anyone?

My suggestion is to purchase the Wise installation program.  It's got to be
one of the five best pieces of software I've ever purchased.  You can build
superb install programs in minutes.

Or you can suffer.

No, I have no financial stake in Wise.

Good luck!