Indy Telnet Demo problem disconnecting

Hi
I compiled and ran the Indy TelnetClient demo with no changes to source
for D6 on Win2000.  It worked perfectly by connecting to a server that
was running Interbase and not connecting to one that wasn't.
The only problem is that when I hit the disconnect button after
connecting I got
"Socket Eror #10038"  Socket operation on non-socket.
If I just try to close the application instead it give an Access
violation at address 00000000.

Anyone else run into this?

Also if I take the exe and put it on NT4 box it will not even connect.
Are any dll's or setup needed?

Glenn

Re:Indy Telnet Demo problem disconnecting

"Glenn Shukster" <g...@logicfundamentals.com> wrote in message

> I compiled and ran the Indy TelnetClient demo with no changes to source
> for D6 on Win2000.  It worked perfectly by connecting to a server that
> was running Interbase and not connecting to one that wasn't.
> The only problem is that when I hit the disconnect button after
> connecting I got
> "Socket Eror #10038"  Socket operation on non-socket.
> If I just try to close the application instead it give an Access
> violation at address 00000000.

I am having this same exact problem. Does anyone else know what it could be?
The old version (8.x) gave a disconnected exception, but now it AV's just as
Glenn's message.

TIA

Mark

Other Threads