Case sensitive MS SQL6.5 server

Does anyone know how to turn off the case sensitivity for a MS SQL6.5 server
as we have had to redo some SQL queries as the server wants the "case type"
of table names and columns to match what is on the server.

I thought SQL queries were case insensitive.(Except for requesting data from
fields that is!!)

Kind regards

Richard Moore

Re:Case sensitive MS SQL6.5 server

Richard,

  By default, MSSQL is case insensitive, you have to select the sort order
(see books online for more info) during installation.  If your using
RequestLive, then table/column names will be case-sensitive.  I think you
can get around this by selecting quoted identifies off on the server.  It's
been a while since I've used 6.5 and I don't remember where that setting is
(see books online).

Good luck,
krf
Richard & Davina Moore wrote in message <39d31d32_1@dnews>...

>Does anyone know how to turn off the case sensitivity for a MS SQL6.5
server
>as we have had to redo some SQL queries as the server wants the "case type"
>of table names and columns to match what is on the server.

>I thought SQL queries were case insensitive.(Except for requesting data
from
>fields that is!!)

>Kind regards

>Richard Moore

Re:Case sensitive MS SQL6.5 server

You need to reload the master database (in effect, reload SQL Server)  to
turn off case sensitivity.

It should be a simple thing to do, but it is not.
Richard & Davina Moore <moore...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to turn off the case sensitivity for a MS SQL6.5
server
> as we have had to redo some SQL queries as the server wants the "case
type"
> of table names and columns to match what is on the server.

> I thought SQL queries were case insensitive.(Except for requesting data
from
> fields that is!!)

> Kind regards

> Richard Moore