ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

2007-11-14 10:40:00 PM
delphi39
Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of ElasticForm
10.00
ElasticForm provides your forms with screen resolution independence and
resizing capabilities. More specifically, ElasticForm provides your VCL
forms with the following capabilities:
* Screen and font size resolution independence. This simply means that the
initial size of your form (as a percentage of the screen size) remains
constant as the application runs in computers with different screen
resolutions (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768, etc) and different font sizes (small
fonts at 96 dpi, large fonts at 120 dpi, or custom-size fonts).
* ElasticForm offers different options on how to apply resolution
independence. For example, it will a) apply full resolution independence;
b) suppress resolution independence; 3) suppress resolution independence up
to the point that the form fits on the screen and apply resolution
independence past that point.
* As the form resizes, ElasticForm will automatically resize proportionately
all the visual components of the form. This is a much more advanced process
than that provided by property Anchors provided by most visual VCL
components, as it includes font resizing, cell size resizing of grids, etc.
* ElasticForm allows various options for resizing grids. For example, it
will resize the grid cells in proportion to the form resizing, or it will
disable resizing the vertical size of the cells to allow more rows shown
when the grid size increases, etc.
* ElasticForm is commonly added to a form at design. However, it can also
be created at run-time if your application demands it.
* ElasticForm controls run-time added controls.
* ElasticForm allows setting limits to the smallest and largest size of a
form during resizing and maximizing.
* When the maximized size is less than the screen size, ElasticForm can
control the default position when the form gets maximized.
* ElasticForm tiles a bitmap to the background of the form. This applies to
ALL forms, including MDIforms where direct access to the form's background
is not trivial.
* ElasticForm provides automatic registry support.
* Compatibility: Delphi 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006, 2007; C++Builder 1,
3, 4, 5, and 6
Please visit our new website: www.elasticform.com

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of ElasticForm
10.00
"Long live Rock'n'Roll" :-)
Welcome back!

Claudia writes:
Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of ElasticForm
10.00

ElasticForm provides your forms with screen resolution independence and
resizing capabilities. More specifically, ElasticForm provides your VCL
forms with the following capabilities:

* Screen and font size resolution independence. This simply means that the
initial size of your form (as a percentage of the screen size) remains
constant as the application runs in computers with different screen
resolutions (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768, etc) and different font sizes (small
fonts at 96 dpi, large fonts at 120 dpi, or custom-size fonts).
Does it support non 4:3 resolutions (1280x1024 or 1280x800 for instance)?
TIA,
Ronaldo

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Yes. It does support non 4:3 resolutions. However, one must be careful.
For example if the design resolution is 1280x1024 and then the program opens
in 1024x768, there will be a natural distrortion since the form will now
"stretch" in a resolution of a different ratio. This may or may not be
something that you can accept. Here is the best thing to do:
Download the trial version of ElasticForm and install it in your machine.
(www.elasticform.com)
Drop elasticform to the project that you would like to use it.
Run the project and see how it feels.
Change the screen resolution. Make certain that one of the two resolutions
(eiher the starting or the second is a 4:3 resolution, and the other is not)
Run your project again (with Delphi running). See if ElasticForm does what
you are hoping it does. If you are not pleased, you may try to use the
property MaintainProportions = true and see if this pleases you better.
I hope that this one helps.
--
Regards,
Claudia
Please visit our Web Site at www.elasticform.com
"Ronaldo Souza" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Claudia writes:
>Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of ElasticForm
>10.00
>
>ElasticForm provides your forms with screen resolution independence and
>resizing capabilities. More specifically, ElasticForm provides your VCL
>forms with the following capabilities:
>
>* Screen and font size resolution independence. This simply means that
>the initial size of your form (as a percentage of the screen size)
>remains constant as the application runs in computers with different
>screen resolutions (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768, etc) and different font sizes
>(small fonts at 96 dpi, large fonts at 120 dpi, or custom-size fonts).

Does it support non 4:3 resolutions (1280x1024 or 1280x800 for instance)?

TIA,
Ronaldo

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Claudia writes:

I hope that this one helps.
It sure does, thanks!. Downloaded the trial version and I am very
impressed. The only minor issue I have noticed was on the resizing of a
TDateTimePicker: the "combobox part" resizes just fine but the calendar
itself doesn't, I reckon TDateTimePicker component does a lot of drawing
on its own...
--
Rgds,
Ronaldo

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Claudia,
| Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of
| ElasticForm 10.00
I didn't know that I had a "Systems." <g>
Is there a trial version?
11/19/2007 16:44:09
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Ronaldo,
I dropped a TDateTimePicker and ElasticForm on a form. Started the program,
clicked on the combobox and the calendar came up on corresponding size. As
I changed the size of the form, the combobox changed in proportion. Every
time that I clicked the arrowed box to bring down the calendar, that one
popped at the properly proportioned size as well. Am I missing something in
what you have seen?
--
Regards,
Claudia S. Peck
Please visit our Web Site at www.elasticform.com
Claudia writes:

>I hope that this one helps.

It sure does, thanks!. Downloaded the trial version and I am very
impressed. The only minor issue I have noticed was on the resizing of a
TDateTimePicker: the "combobox part" resizes just fine but the calendar
itself doesn't, I reckon TDateTimePicker component does a lot of drawing
on its own...

--
Rgds,
Ronaldo

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Yes. There is a trial version. Just go to www.elasticform.com. There is a
"download" button under the title ElasticForm which will download the trial
version.
Please visit our Web Site at www.elasticform.com
"Q Correll" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Claudia,

| Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of
| ElasticForm 10.00

I didn't know that I had a "Systems." <g>

Is there a trial version?

11/19/2007 16:44:09

XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Claudia,
| Yes. There is a trial version. Just go to www.elasticform.com.
| There is a "download" button under the title ElasticForm which will
| download the trial version.
Thank you.
11/21/2007 09:50:34
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Claudia,
Your website does not seem to be opening for me. Is anyone else having
this issue?
--
Regards,
Jan Ferguson
Claudia writes:
Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of
ElasticForm 10.00
Please visit our new website: www.elasticform.com

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Same here

Claudia writes:

>Q-Systems is pleased to announce the long awaited release of
>ElasticForm 10.00

>Please visit our new website: www.elasticform.com

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Doesn't work for me either :(
IE and FireFox
Pete
"J. B. Ferguson" <jbNOSPAMfergusonATgmailDOTcom>wrote in
message news:4746c4d0$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Claudia,

Your website does not seem to be opening for me. Is anyone
else having
this issue?
>Please visit our new website: www.elasticform.com

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Yes. It appears that our site is down right now. I sent a message to the
site-administrator. It should be up soon. Thank you for the heads-up.
Please visit our Web Site at www.elasticform.com
"Pete Fraser" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Doesn't work for me either :(
IE and FireFox
Pete

Claudia writes:
Ronaldo,
I dropped a TDateTimePicker and ElasticForm on a form. Started the program,
clicked on the combobox and the calendar came up on corresponding size. As
I changed the size of the form, the combobox changed in proportion. Every
time that I clicked the arrowed box to bring down the calendar, that one
popped at the properly proportioned size as well. Am I missing something in
what you have seen?
Sorry for the delayed response, Claudia. Things have been petty hectic
here... :(
Apparently the problems I encountered were my own fault. Please clear
something up for me: my development machine runs on 1024x768 (as most of
our customers) so, to create my test project (on D5) I created a new
application; on the object Inspector I set Form1.WindowState to
wsMaximized; clicked on the Maximize button of Form1 and only then
dropped a TElasticForm on it. Is this the proper procedure? Does it
actually make any difference if a form is in its proper size when a
TElastForm is dropped on it? If I resize it after the ElastForm has been
dropped, do I have to take any special care? Finally, which TT font do
you recommend?
TIA,
Ronaldo

Re:ANNOUNCING ElasticForm 10 (Form Sizer)

Claudia,
| Yes. There is a trial version.
I D/L'd and installed the trial version and put it on the form of one
of my apps.
I got an AV when I tried to run the app. The last two entries in the
stack were:
TypeInfo GetOrdProp
ElastFrm TefFrame.initialize
11/28/2007 09:35:49
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]