Object Inspector type control

  Hello all;

  I am trying to design an Object Inspector type form.
I Have tried a StringGrid, But do not know that much about the StringGrid.
I can draw information on the panels (or tabs(I think that is what they are
called))
But I do not really now what to use to do the following.

  What I am trying to do, is make the Grid to where, when loaded it will
show like the
Object Inspector. And when you click on an edit it assumes a drop down list
on some
of them, with the information that I add into it. And Possibly user defined
information as well, thru
the use of a .dll file. And also have it to where when click and chosen drop
down item, It
inserts the following information into a TMemo (or) Syndic

  Something like this.

   Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this.
I was attempting to use the XSite, but was information that using code from
the XSite open source program. that I would have to distribute the source
code of my program as well. as it runs from the GPL, And my program is not
that, so I am not using the XSite, for information.

Can anyone help me please.

Run down-------

StringGrid. that will allow for me to add HTML information under
each of the cells editboxes (is that said right) and possibly allow for the
information
from a TMemo (or) TSynEdit back into it
  And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
ObjectInspector.

Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
appreciated.

  If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and Panels??

Wayne

--
Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|

Re:Object Inspector type control

If you are using Delphi 6, there is a new TValueListEditor.  It approximates
the object inspector and you might be able to get it to do what you want.
It can do drop downs for each cell, editing in each cell and even allow you
to call a screen to implement your own "property editor".

If you aren't using D6, then given the amount of time it would take to
create one by hand, it might be economically feasible to buy one otherwise.
I believe the Developers Express has one.  www.devexpress.com

I haven't used theirs, but it might be worth looking into.

Best Regards,
Eric W. Carman

"Wayne & Carr" <delphi-NO-S...@carrz-fox-fire.com> wrote in message

>   Hello all;

>   I am trying to design an Object Inspector type form.
> I Have tried a StringGrid, But do not know that much about the StringGrid.
> I can draw information on the panels (or tabs(I think that is what they
are
> called))
> But I do not really now what to use to do the following.

>   What I am trying to do, is make the Grid to where, when loaded it will
> show like the
> Object Inspector. And when you click on an edit it assumes a drop down
list
> on some
> of them, with the information that I add into it. And Possibly user
defined
> information as well, thru
> the use of a .dll file. And also have it to where when click and chosen
drop
> down item, It
> inserts the following information into a TMemo (or) Syndic

>   Something like this.

>    Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this.
> I was attempting to use the XSite, but was information that using code
from
> the XSite open source program. that I would have to distribute the source
> code of my program as well. as it runs from the GPL, And my program is not
> that, so I am not using the XSite, for information.

> Can anyone help me please.

> Run down-------

> StringGrid. that will allow for me to add HTML information under
> each of the cells editboxes (is that said right) and possibly allow for
the
> information
> from a TMemo (or) TSynEdit back into it
>   And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
> ObjectInspector.

> Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
> A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
> appreciated.

>   If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and Panels??

> Wayne

> --
> Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
> Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|
> http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/Main.asp
> // Delphi Components and Source Code page, For members only, Sign up today
> [Free for now]

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

> asp
> // Delphi TWebBrowser & TEmbeddeedWB Mailing List, Join Today

Re:Object Inspector type control

  Thank you so much, I never really noticed that it was even their.
Your the greatest friend.

Take Care
Wayne
"Eric W. Carman" <ewcar...@ecsoftwareconsulting.com> wrote in message

> [...]

> >   And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
> > ObjectInspector.

> > Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
> > A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
> > appreciated.

> >   If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and Panels??

> > Wayne

> > --
> > Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
> > Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|
> > http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/Main.asp
> > // Delphi Components and Source Code page, For members only, Sign up
today
> > [Free for now]

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

> > asp
> > // Delphi TWebBrowser & TEmbeddeedWB Mailing List, Join Today

  """"""""TValueListEditor"""""""""
Does anyone know of a good Demo on how to use this component.
What I really need is one that will show how to input information that I
store
under each of the Paticular "Value" (or) "Key" and have that code inputted
into
a memo, richedit or synedit.

Pretty much something really similar to that of Object Inspector.
How when you double click on the
Form1.OnCreate ====
It inputs the surrounding code, and you just add in the added information
that makes it run.
  Except but what I am wanting to do is add HTML tags, and have them
to where they can choose from a DropDownList on certain tags, and other
tags are user defined.

  Any idea's?

Wayne

>   Hello all;

>   I am trying to design an Object Inspector type form.
> I Have tried a StringGrid, But do not know that much about the StringGrid.
> I can draw information on the panels (or tabs(I think that is what they
are
> called))
> But I do not really now what to use to do the following.

>   What I am trying to do, is make the Grid to where, when loaded it will
> show like the
> Object Inspector. And when you click on an edit it assumes a drop down
list
> on some
> of them, with the information that I add into it. And Possibly user
defined
> information as well, thru
> the use of a .dll file. And also have it to where when click and chosen
drop
> down item, It
> inserts the following information into a TMemo (or) Syndic

>   Something like this.

>    Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this.
> I was attempting to use the XSite, but was information that using code
from
> the XSite open source program. that I would have to distribute the source
> code of my program as well. as it runs from the GPL, And my program is not
> that, so I am not using the XSite, for information.

> Can anyone help me please.

> Run down-------

> StringGrid. that will allow for me to add HTML information under
> each of the cells editboxes (is that said right) and possibly allow for
the
> information
> from a TMemo (or) TSynEdit back into it
>   And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
> ObjectInspector.

> Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
> A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
> appreciated.

>   If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and Panels??

> Wayne

> --
> Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
> Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|
> http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/Main.asp
> // Delphi Components and Source Code page, For members only, Sign up today
> [Free for now]

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

> asp
> // Delphi TWebBrowser & TEmbeddeedWB Mailing List, Join Today

Re:Object Inspector type control

In the email I sent you, I showed an object being associated with string
that represents the name=value pair.

You could create an object that contains a variety of stringlists, each with
the appropriate tags you wish to insert or with pointers to methods that do
the inserting for you.  Associate this object with the row in the value list
and based on the option chosen by the user, insert the appropriate strings
from on of the string lists, or call the method that will do it.

> [...]

> >   And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
> > ObjectInspector.

> > Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
> > A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
> > appreciated.

> >   If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and Panels??

> > Wayne

> > --
> > Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
> > Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|
> > http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/Main.asp
> > // Delphi Components and Source Code page, For members only, Sign up
today
> > [Free for now]

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

> > asp
> > // Delphi TWebBrowser & TEmbeddeedWB Mailing List, Join Today

  Sorry Eric;
  I just got the code that you sent to me.

> [...]

> > >   And I would like for it to have the characteristics of the
> > > ObjectInspector.

> > > Thank you for any help that anyone can assist on.
> > > A tutorial a demo or anything, about a String Grid would be mighty
> > > appreciated.

> > >   If all else fells than I can always do it with EditBoxes and
Panels??

> > > Wayne

> > > --
> > > Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
> > > Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|
> > > http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/Main.asp
> > > // Delphi Components and Source Code page, For members only, Sign up
> today
> > > [Free for now]

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

> > > asp
> > > // Delphi TWebBrowser & TEmbeddeedWB Mailing List, Join Today

Not a problem, just referring to it so you had something to look at.

I've returned the demo you sent to me.  The code I sent you originally was
just to give you ideas.  It was referencing objects and the like that you
don't have, therefore its no surprise that you weren't able to compile it.
I should have been more clear.  However, the code I just sent to you does
compile and hopefully it will answer your questions and give you some ideas
on how to proceed.

Keep in mind, the code I sent you isn't the prettiest thing in the world.  I
wanted to get you an example but I didn't have time to create a really great
solution.  So forgive me if it causes more confusion than it solves.

>   Sorry Eric;
>   I just got the code that you sent to me.

> Wayne
> "Eric W. Carman" <ewcar...@ecsoftwareconsulting.com> wrote in message
> > In the email I sent you, I showed an object being associated with string
> > that represents the name=value pair.

> > You could create an object that contains a variety of stringlists, each
> with
> > the appropriate tags you wish to insert or with pointers to methods that
> do
> > the inserting for you.  Associate this object with the row in the value
> list
> > and based on the option chosen by the user, insert the appropriate
strings
> > from on of the string lists, or call the method that will do it.

> > Best Regards,
> > Eric W. Carman

> > "Wayne & Carr" <delphi-NO-S...@carrz-fox-fire.com> wrote in message
> > >   """"""""TValueListEditor"""""""""
> > > Does anyone know of a good Demo on how to use this component.
> > > What I really need is one that will show how to input information that
> > > store
> > > under each of the Paticular "Value" (or) "Key" and have that code
> inputted
> > > into
> > > a memo, richedit or synedit.

> > > Pretty much something really similar to that of Object Inspector.
> > > How when you double click on the
> > > Form1.OnCreate ====
> > > It inputs the surrounding code, and you just add in the added
> information
> > > that makes it run.
> > >   Except but what I am wanting to do is add HTML tags, and have them
> > > to where they can choose from a DropDownList on certain tags, and
other
> > > tags are user defined.

> > >   Any idea's?

> > > Wayne

> > > "Wayne & Carr" <delphi-NO-S...@carrz-fox-fire.com> wrote in message

> > StringGrid.
> they
> > > are

> will
> > > list
> > > defined
> chosen
> > > drop

> > > from
> > source
> > not

> for
> > > the

> Panels??

> > today

http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Delphi/Delphi_Fire_Security/EmailList/C....

Re:Object Inspector type control

  Eric you did a great job,
I fully understand the code that you sent to me,
And am working on a click thru path right now, Due to some of
the cells will not have a drop down, they will be user defined.
But I think that I should (hopefully) be able to figure this part out.

As I am not able to jump on it right now,
I have had some members of my Delphi Fire Security Site
ask me about uploading files to my server (site) and why don't I
just make a program that generates the html page itself.
So that is what I am working on now,
Trying to do the compiling of over 150 lines of HTML Code
(I have had allot of experience on this)
So after it is completed, hopefully by this evening, Not
really a major software, just something to generate a page with.

  Then it is of to working on what I needed this component for.

 So thank you so very much Eric
For all your help.

> Not a problem, just referring to it so you had something to look at.

> I've returned the demo you sent to me.  The code I sent you originally was
> just to give you ideas.  It was referencing objects and the like that you
> don't have, therefore its no surprise that you weren't able to compile it.
> I should have been more clear.  However, the code I just sent to you does
> compile and hopefully it will answer your questions and give you some
ideas
> on how to proceed.

> Keep in mind, the code I sent you isn't the prettiest thing in the world.
> wanted to get you an example but I didn't have time to create a really
great
> solution.  So forgive me if it causes more confusion than it solves.

> Best Regards,
> Eric W. Carman

> "Wayne & Carr" <delphi-NO-S...@carrz-fox-fire.com> wrote in message
> >   Sorry Eric;
> >   I just got the code that you sent to me.

> > Wayne
> > "Eric W. Carman" <ewcar...@ecsoftwareconsulting.com> wrote in message
> > > In the email I sent you, I showed an object being associated with
string
> > > that represents the name=value pair.

> > > You could create an object that contains a variety of stringlists,
each
> > with
> > > the appropriate tags you wish to insert or with pointers to methods
that
> > do
> > > the inserting for you.  Associate this object with the row in the
value
> > list
> > > and based on the option chosen by the user, insert the appropriate
> strings
> > > from on of the string lists, or call the method that will do it.

> > > Best Regards,
> > > Eric W. Carman

> > > "Wayne & Carr" <delphi-NO-S...@carrz-fox-fire.com> wrote in message
> > inputted