Re: Tiif File In a stream (maybe LibTIFF?)

2003-11-16 10:44:29 PM
delphi18
Did you take a look at LibTIFF? (www.libtiff.org/libtiff.html)
i think you got this tip from Nils Haeck, and the link i sent you will help you
understand how to do the loading you need (i am guessing you are trying to load
a huge tiff file of map or some sort of graphics and would like to load only a
part of that into memory).
If you need more help with this let me know
It is nice to know someone other then us is using Delphi in Israel ;-)
--
Liran
www.com-n-sense.com

Re: Tiif File In a stream (maybe LibTIFF?)

Hi Liran
My name is Shay and i apriciate your offer to help.
Are u using LibTiff or GraphicEx?
I'm using GraphicEx now and facing this problem:
I managed to get to the specific strip in a strip orgrnized Tiff,
But haven't been able to load only the width i want.(something like a Tile).
According to the piece of code you referenced me i can see you can scanline
only full row at a time and not part of it.
which means i have to allocate memory for the whole strip.
another problem is if the Tiff has only one large strip with a lot of rows
in it,
than , i have to process the whole strip("ImageLength" amount of bytes
allocated)
which is impossible due to memory capacity.
Anyway i will be happy to try the LibTiff.
If you are using LibTiff, I'd like to know how do you use it, isn't it
written in C.
I would apriciate any help you can give me.
Thanks in advance
Shay
"Liran Shahar" <lirans AT com-n-sense DOT com>writes