SQl 2005 native client and the XML datatype

2005-11-20 11:09:24 PM
delphi274
Hello there,
Will Delphi 7 ADO components get an update for the XML datatype
(constant 141 in ADO datatype mapping) for SQL 2005?
Currently, the ADO components don't recognize this type and ignore
the field...
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Re:SQl 2005 native client and the XML datatype

"Martijn Tonies" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
Hello there,

Will Delphi 7 ADO components get an update for the XML datatype
(constant 141 in ADO datatype mapping) for SQL 2005?

Currently, the ADO components don't recognize this type and ignore
the field...

I do not think that Borland is going to add new features on Delphi 7 and an XML
field type is not something simple to implement. I'd recomend you to
try to use it as a blob.
Regards
Yannis.

Re:SQl 2005 native client and the XML datatype

>Will Delphi 7 ADO components get an update for the XML datatype
>(constant 141 in ADO datatype mapping) for SQL 2005?
>
>Currently, the ADO components don't recognize this type and ignore
>the field...

I do not think that Borland is going to add new features on Delphi 7 and an XML
field type is not something simple to implement. I'd recomend you to
try to use it as a blob.
Well, given that before D2006, Delphi 7 is the last stable Win32 variant of Delphi
:-)
It's not that I don't want to use it as a blob, it is that the
TADO<datasetstuff>
ignores the fields in a resultset. They just don't show up.
Given that all my queries are ad-hoc and users enter my queries, this could
get tough...