Is possible to partial load a graphic

2004-10-29 07:31:52 PM
delphi20
I cannot load large graphics(7000X4000) to memory. I get "not enough storage
is available...'.
Is any possibility to load partial piece of picture?
Thanks
Nikos

Re:Is possible to partial load a graphic

In what format is your original graphics?
Nils
"Nikos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I cannot load large graphics(7000X4000) to memory. I get "not enough
storage
is available...'.
Is any possibility to load partial piece of picture?
Thanks
Nikos

Re:Is possible to partial load a graphic

GIF, BMP or JPEG
regards
Nikos
"Nils Haeck" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>I cannot load large graphics(7000X4000) to memory. I get "not enough
storage
>is available...'.
>Is any possibility to load partial piece of picture?
>Thanks
>Nikos

Re:Is possible to partial load a graphic

It is possible with all three, but not very easy.
GIF:
You'd have to LZW-decompress it and then just keep the parts you need, but
that means you will have to dive into the reading code.
Code to check out: TGifImage from Anders Melander/Finn Tolderlund
finn.mobilixnet.dk/delphi/
BMP:
This is the easiest one. If you know the pixel format you can scan through
the file and grab the portions you need.
www.wotsit.org/
JPEG:
Decode the huffmann stream, then only IDCT the blocks you need. Very
complicated if you don't know how JPEG works internally.
There is some sourcecode for Pascal, see link:
www.nomssi.de/pasjpeg/pasjpeg.html
Kind regards,
Nils Haeck
www.simdesign.nl
"Nikos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>In what format is your original graphics?
>
>Nils
>
>"Nikos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>I cannot load large graphics(7000X4000) to memory. I get "not enough
>storage
>>is available...'.
>>Is any possibility to load partial piece of picture?
>>Thanks
>>Nikos

Re:Is possible to partial load a graphic

Thanks I will try