hide docked windows small title bar

Hello,

I'm tying to use docking features of D4 to embed windows into others, so
that I can easily use a window like a component. Using ManualDock of
embedded windows in the FormCreate of the host window seems to work like a
charm (as far as I have tested it). The only drawback I have not yet found a
workaround to, is that the small "title bar" (without title) that allows
undocking is allways displayed. I found a way to avoid a click on the tiny
close box make the embedded window to be closed (by setting Action to caNone
in the embedded window FormClose handler). But the presence of the small
title bar is annoying. I have played with various settings of BorderStyle,
BorderIcons, clearing Caption... but it's still there.

Just a precision : all this happens when the container is a TPanel (for
instance) with DockSite property set to True. Going one step further in my
experimentations have shown me that if the container has the DockSite
property set to False :
1/ ManualDock to it still works
2/ the annoying title bar is no more here
Conclusion : it seems that te solution is there. But is it really safe to
dock to something with DocskSite property set to true ?

Any suggestion ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Eric

Re:hide docked windows small title bar

Eric, the little title bar is a result of using a dockmanager. If you set
the use Dockmanager to false it gets rid of that. It also creates many
headaches in my experience, but you may not be trying to do the same things
that I am.

Henry

Eric Pascual wrote in message <7jjbk5$4...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hello,

>I'm tying to use docking features of D4 to embed windows into others, so
>that I can easily use a window like a component. Using ManualDock of
>embedded windows in the FormCreate of the host window seems to work like a
>charm (as far as I have tested it). The only drawback I have not yet found
>workaround to, is that the small "title bar" (without title) that allows
>undocking is allways displayed. I found a way to avoid a click on the tiny
>close box make the embedded window to be closed (by setting Action to
caNone
>in the embedded window FormClose handler). But the presence of the small
>title bar is annoying. I have played with various settings of BorderStyle,
>BorderIcons, clearing Caption... but it's still there.

>Just a precision : all this happens when the container is a TPanel (for
>instance) with DockSite property set to True. Going one step further in my
>experimentations have shown me that if the container has the DockSite
>property set to False :
>1/ ManualDock to it still works
>2/ the annoying title bar is no more here
>Conclusion : it seems that te solution is there. But is it really safe to
>dock to something with DocskSite property set to true ?

>Any suggestion ?

>Thanks a lot in advance

>Regards
>Eric