How to create ODBC DSN using Delphi/API?

    I need to create a ODBC DataSource Name using Delphi so that i can
connect my application to a SQL Server database.
    Any Win/ODBC API are wellcome.

    TIA
        Antnio Jo?o Silva
P.S.: Please reply by email as may miss the post.
Antnio Jo?o Silva |   Personal: http://www.nca.pt/individual/ajsilva
  Technical Staff  | IURD Alternative page:               ICQ#:12081165
  j...@softlab.pt  |                  http://www.nca.pt/individual/iurd
      Softlab - Consultadoria e Desenvolvimento de Software, Lda.
R.Tanque da Veiga 15 sala 5,Ed.Olimpus II-Maximinos,4700 Braga,Portugal
 Phone:+351 53 691880     Fax:+351 53 691881     http://www.softlab.pt
 The opinions above are personal and may not be the same as Softlab's

Re:How to create ODBC DSN using Delphi/API?

You will have to use ODBC API. Download the SDK free from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/data/odbc In the ODBC help file check out
chapter 22 "Setup DLL API Reference"

Imran.

Antnio Jo?o Silva wrote:

>     I need to create a ODBC DataSource Name using Delphi so that i can
> connect my application to a SQL Server database.
>     Any Win/ODBC API are wellcome.

Imran Hussain
MCP, MCSD
imr...@summitdata.com
http://www.summitdata.com/imranh

In article <35629796.5C6EC...@softlab.pt>, j...@softlab.pt wrote:
>    I need to create a ODBC DataSource Name using Delphi so that i can
>connect my application to a SQL Server database.
>    Any Win/ODBC API are wellcome.

If you use ODBCExpress to access the ODBC data, you can use a component
included in that product to set up your DSNs under program control.  (See my
site).

[* k...@kylecordes.com            |  For Delphi developers:  *]
[* Kyle Cordes Software Solutions |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
[* http://www.kylecordes.com      | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]

Other Threads