calculation, x power y

hello,

I need have a TP programm that calculates some experimental results. Now
I need to change the formular. The problem is that I would like the
programm to calculate:

((a*b)/(2*pi))^(3/2)
How can I programm TP to do this caluclation?

greetings, Thorsten

--
Paul Scherrer Institut
Labor fr Radio- und Umweltchemie

fon:  056.310.43.97
fax:  056.310.44.35
mail: thorsten.bart...@psi.ch

Re:calculation, x power y

> ((a*b)/(2*pi))^(3/2)
> How can I programm TP to do this caluclation?

exp( ln((a*b)/(2*pi)) * (3/2) )

HTH
Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

Re:calculation, x power y

I can't belive it!
All this years, I've been using my own function for calculating the power,
in conviction there is no other way to calculate it!

Greetings,
            Tomy

Gautier <gautier.demontmol...@maths.unine.ch> wrote in message

> > ((a*b)/(2*pi))^(3/2)
> > How can I programm TP to do this caluclation?

> exp( ln((a*b)/(2*pi)) * (3/2) )

> HTH
> Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

Re:calculation, x power y

Y:=a^b
LnY:=Ln(a^b):=b*Ln(a)
e^Ln(Y):=Y:=e^(b*Ln(a)) and therefore Y:=Exp(b*Ln(a)){e is EXP}
Why Ln (Natural Logarithm):It's one of few installed scientific
functions.Another
is arcTan(Pi) and of corse also EXP(e). arcTan  gives Sin and Cos of wich
both are not installed.
Thorsten Bartels wrote:
> hello,

> I need have a TP programm that calculates some experimental results. Now
> I need to change the formular. The problem is that I would like the
> programm to calculate:

> ((a*b)/(2*pi))^(3/2)
> How can I programm TP to do this caluclation?

> greetings, Thorsten

> --
> Paul Scherrer Institut
> Labor fr Radio- und Umweltchemie
> Thorsten Bartels, OFLA 103
> 5232 Villigen PSI

> fon:  056.310.43.97
> fax:  056.310.44.35
> mail: thorsten.bart...@psi.ch

Re:calculation, x power y

JRS:  In article <38E32B71.BB87D...@maths.unine.ch> of Thu, 30 Mar 2000
12:24:48 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Gautier <gautier.demontm

ol...@maths.unine.ch> wrote:
>> ((a*b)/(2*pi))^(3/2)
>> How can I programm TP to do this caluclation?

>exp( ln((a*b)/(2*pi)) * (3/2) )

No.

This is a fixed 3/2 power, and one should really do
        t := (a*b)/(2*pi) ;
        x := sqrt(t*t*t) ;

Your way will give essentially the same answer, of course.