D3 SQL LINKS AND MSSQL SERVER BCD-FIELDS

it is terrible. i just converted my application to d3 and now i cant
insert numbers like 10 or 20 or 300 in fields on a table at sql server.
sql links always deletes the zeros behind the numbers.

this is costing me thousands of dollars.

f... borland, they sell d3 for more about 4000 USD and it costing me
ten times more money to get a workaround of all their errors.

does anybody have a solutions about that ?

the field on sql-server is numeric(9,0), I can insert 1-9, 11-19, 21-29,
but
not 10, 20, 30 etc.

i going mad...

Stefan Kreidl
SKre...@MusicNet.net

Re:D3 SQL LINKS AND MSSQL SERVER BCD-FIELDS

I connect to MS SQL Server using ODBC, and this works fine.  From what I
have heard (no experience), performance is almost as good as direct SQL
links.  You may want to consider using this as a work-around until the
problem is solved.  By the way, what settings do you have for the
properties EditMask or DisplayMask of the field in question?  It seems to
me that there are edit masks to delete or include trailing zeros. Good
luck.
Gene

Stefan Kreidl <SKre...@MusicNet.net> wrote in article
<33B25156.3462C...@MusicNet.net>...

> it is terrible. i just converted my application to d3 and now i cant
> insert numbers like 10 or 20 or 300 in fields on a table at sql server.
> sql links always deletes the zeros behind the numbers.

> this is costing me thousands of dollars.

> f... borland, they sell d3 for more about 4000 USD and it costing me
> ten times more money to get a workaround of all their errors.

> does anybody have a solutions about that ?

> the field on sql-server is numeric(9,0), I can insert 1-9, 11-19, 21-29,
> but
> not 10, 20, 30 etc.

> i going mad...

> Stefan Kreidl
> SKre...@MusicNet.net

Re:D3 SQL LINKS AND MSSQL SERVER BCD-FIELDS

Stefan Kreidl <SKre...@MusicNet.net> wrote in article
<33B25156.3462C...@MusicNet.net>...

> it is terrible. i just converted my application to d3 and now i cant
> insert numbers like 10 or 20 or 300 in fields on a table at sql server.
> sql links always deletes the zeros behind the numbers.

> this is costing me thousands of dollars.

> f... borland, they sell d3 for more about 4000 USD and it costing me
> ten times more money to get a workaround of all their errors.

> does anybody have a solutions about that ?

> the field on sql-server is numeric(9,0), I can insert 1-9, 11-19, 21-29,
> but
> not 10, 20, 30 etc.

> i going mad...

> Stefan Kreidl
> SKre...@MusicNet.net

Just want you to know that you are not crazy (unless both of us are).  We
are having the exact same problem with D3.  I assumed that it was a general
BCD problem; but, we are also using SQL Links with SQL Server and BCD
fields.  No work-around, yet.  I will let you know when and if I find one.

Can anyone else help?

Thanks,
William
--