Who uses Interbase?

2005-04-10 01:53:55 AM
delphi88
There was a time when Interbase mentioned as clients Boeing, Motorola,
Nokia and the US Army (something about being the db on a tank).
I've looked at the case studies, and none of these names are now
mentioned on the Borland/Interbase site.
Is there an up-to-date (prestigeous) client list anywhere?
Paul...
--
plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__
XP Pro, SP 2,

Re:Who uses Interbase?

I know that Motorola and the U.S. Army still use IB. I do not know
about the others. Rob posted stats from a very large IB installation a
few days ago but, at least when I did training for them, the contract
prohibited using their name. I just came back from a site that has 35
servers running IB supporting mission critical apps. There are
certainly big users around but I am not aware of any list of names.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:Who uses Interbase?

Paul,
We're an ISV with bank and bank service bureau clients across the country
using IB for mission critical financial applications. Some of these clients
are quite large (25+ concurrent users on two shifts). In our experience, IB
is a solid performer with low cost of ownership and maintenance.
--
Steven S. Weston
Weston & Muir (www.westonmuir.com)

Re:Who uses Interbase?

Paul,
you can see a list of case study in
www.borland.com/interbase/cases/index.html
[]'s
Andreano Lanusse
"Paul" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem

"Andreano Lanusse" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>There was a time when Interbase mentioned as clients Boeing, Motorola,
>Nokia and the US Army (something about being the db on a tank).
you can see a list of case study in
www.borland.com/interbase/cases/index.html
Yes, I did find that, but there was no mention of the companies I
mentioned - I was looking for a reference to "blue-chip" companies.
There is one "prestige" site - the UK Treasury, but the number of
users is rather small.
I'm interested in big (whatever that means) sites from prestige
clients.
Paul...
p.s. please do not top-post.
--
plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__
XP Pro, SP 2,
Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;
When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system and version of db being used.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.
Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.

Re:Who uses Interbase?

PAul,
we have a lot of big cases in Brazil, some cases not in web site because
customer not authorized other just not published.
I can explain the details about big InterBase cases in Brazil and can put
you in contact with some cases.
[]'s
Andreano