Help: D1 app with Win 95?

I've just released a shareware program which I wrote on Delphi 1. The
application aparently doesn't work under Windows 95. Has anybody any
idea why?

Is there an option or setting in '95 that is needed? I am tearing my
hair out.

I work from home and I haven't got Windows 95 nor has anybody I know, so
I am stuck; somebody just replied:

>I was disappointed that I couldn't run it as the message
>would come up that it was not a valid Win32 application. I'm running
>Windows 95 and I guess it won't run in it. I was just wondering if
>there was any solution to this problem. If there is,  could you please
>let me know?

TIA
Regards, Kye Valongo {*word*137} photojournalist

Author: 'Paper Chase' software (Marketing for Writers & Artists)
  http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/business/pchas101.zip
   ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/business/pchas101.zip

Re:Help: D1 app with Win 95?

<qCAzXEAkrj0xE...@valon.demon.co.uk>...

> I've just released a shareware program which I wrote on Delphi 1. The
> application aparently doesn't work under Windows 95. Has anybody any
> idea why?

Some more details on the type of application, things it was doing, etc.
may have been useful...  But, in any case, there is nothing I can think of
that would cause a D1 app not to run in Win95.  I have written many (in
fact our current project here at work is a D1 app which I work on from
Win95).

[snip]

> >I was disappointed that I couldn't run it as the message
> >would come up that it was not a valid Win32 application. I'm running

[snip]

This description of the problem sounds very much like a corrupted archive
of some sort.  Win95 provides support for Windows 3.1 applications, and
should recognize your app as such, and not try to load it as a Win32
application...  Try and get someone else running Win95 to duplicate the
problem, so you can see if perhaps this individual just got a bad
archive...

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)