Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

2004-12-23 10:00:42 AM
delphi36
Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32873,00.html

Happy Holidays!

(Delphi 2005 update coming RRRRRRRSN)

Thank you Borland!
I must say, to have released 2005, a patch for Delphi 8 and another for D2005
(real soon) in such a short period is a major feat. You must be driving
the developers reeeeaaal hard!
--
Robin.
<disclaimer>Not an expert </disclaimer>

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Ah, that was Mozialla. For IE you must be fast to click on the "click
here" link or you are back at the agreement page. Is my installation
corrupted, or is there a bug?

It works fine for me in both Moz and IE.
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

"Andreas Hausladen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Maybe they want to test our reaction speed :-)
I agree, you really have to be fast to get that one. I had to try a few
times, before my eyes even had enough time to locate where on the screen
I should click next time I tried.
Regards
Uffe

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Hi Anders
Public beta. An excellent decision!
--
Pete
====

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

PS, maybe you should have a temporary borland.public.delphi.delphi8patchbeta
newsgroup where people may discuss issues?

Uffe Kousgaard schreef:
I agree, you really have to be fast to get that one. I had to try a few
times, before my eyes even had enough time to locate where on the screen
I should click next time I tried.
No problems at all with FireFox 1.0.
Danny
---

Craig schreef:
>I had the same exact problem with the Enterprise link using IE. It
>worked correctly using FireFox.
>--

Borland are trying to convert people to Firefox by stealth.
And quite rightly so!
Danny
---

Peter Morris [Air Software Ltd] writes:
PS, maybe you should have a temporary
borland.public.delphi.delphi8patchbeta newsgroup where people may
discuss issues?
There was supposed to be a QC entry created in the Delphi public beta
project, but I was in transit while Anders was posting the public beta.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32873,00.html
Please report bugs to QualityCentral
qc.borland.com/qc/wc/wc.exe/
AKA Public Beta - Delphi / RTL / .NET 1.1 SP1 patch
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Still can not download update #3 (tried IE and FireFox).
Logged the error in QC but got a CGI error ("The specified CGI application
misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."). Tried it
again, but got the same error. Refreshed the page only to find that the
report went in afterall, twice. See report ids 10154 and 10155. I don't see
a way to withdraw one of these.
Henri Fournier
"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Henri Fournier writes:
Still can not download update #3 (tried IE and FireFox).
Still working on the problem
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Tried IE and FireFox on different machines. Cookies are enabled, logged in,
popups allowed and firewall is not blocking anything.
I find it completely insane that we had to wait this long for a patch and
now we can not even download the damn thing.
Post a simple G.D. link with a disclaimer saying that by downloading you
agree to the terms and forget about this redirection BS.
"TObject" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32873,00.html

I can not download it (Architect). I keep on pressing the "Yes" button,
and it keeps on bouncing me back to the "Borland Public Beta Test
Disclaimer"

Any ideas what's wrong?

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Can you not simply provide a direct link with a disclaimer ("by downloading
you agree blah, blah, blah")?
Henri

Henri Fournier writes:
Can you not simply provide a direct link with a disclaimer ("by
downloading you agree blah, blah, blah")?
Not according to our legal department.
Remember, this is a public beta, not a certified patch.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: Public Beta of Delphi 8 Update 3 Available Now!

Remember, this is a public beta, not a certified patch.
I can not get it work with the german architect version :-(
Ronald