Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

2006-02-22 12:45:58 AM
delphi126
How can I add a Report (QuickReport 4.06 Delphi 2006) like I did with Delphi
7?
With Delphi 7 I did File/New/Report. How do I do this with Delphi 2006?
Thanks,
Carlos

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Carlos Matos writes:
How can I add a Report (QuickReport 4.06 Delphi 2006) like I did with Delphi
7?
With Delphi 7 I did File/New/Report. How do I do this with Delphi 2006?

Thanks,
Carlos

QR no longer ships with BDS. You will need to buy a copy from QUSoft. They
have a 2006 version already released.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Yes I know Jeff. I didn't explain well.
I have the QR4.06 for Delphi 2006 installed in Delphi 2006. No problem.
My problem is that when I go to File/New/Other, I can find anywhere a Report
link to add
to my project like with Delphi 7.
Does this meens that I must create a TForm and add a TQuickreport component
to this form
to write a report with in my project?
Thanks,
Carlos

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Does this meens that I must create a TForm and add a TQuickreport
component
to this form
to write a report with in my project?
This is how I have always done it.
Ryan

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Hi!
You've to add it into the repository (blank quickreport). It works for me in
Delphi 2005. After that just click File/New/Other ->Quickreport..
Regards,
Viktor
"Carlos Matos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
How can I add a Report (QuickReport 4.06 Delphi 2006) like I did with
Delphi 7?
With Delphi 7 I did File/New/Report. How do I do this with Delphi 2006?

Thanks,
Carlos

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

You've to add it into the repository (blank quickreport). It works for me
in Delphi 2005. After that just click File/New/Other ->Quickreport..
Viktor, that is exactly what I want, but how can I do this? Can you explain,
step by step, please?
Carlos

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Hi!
1. Start a new VCL Win32 project.
2. Put a TQuickRep component to the main form.
3. Right click on the report component ->Add to repository...
4. Enter name title, description, author, select an icon and a category (you
can create a new category too).
Thats all! It works for me in Delphi 2005 Professional...
Regards,
Viktor
"Carlos Matos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>You've to add it into the repository (blank quickreport). It works for me
>in Delphi 2005. After that just click File/New/Other ->Quickreport..

Viktor, that is exactly what I want, but how can I do this? Can you
explain, step by step, please?

Carlos

Re:Adding QuickReports to Delphi 2006 Project

Thanks a lot Viktor