BlockRead

In the following fragment, while using BlockRead, the book says the "Result"
variable will contain the Number of Records read, if EOF is reached.  But when
I peek at the value of "Result" during operation, it looks more like it is
showing the number of Bytes actually read.

Which is correct?  I'd RATHER it showed the actual number of bytes read...but
I don't want to take any chances.  Am I just seeing what I want to see?  Or am
I missing something?  I've never used BlockRead before.  Usually I open a
stream...but I don't want to if I don't have to.

PROCEDURE WebImpWindow.WMWrite(VAR Msg : TMessage);
VAR
  SendCount,
  Result       : Integer; {yes, I know these should be of type word....}
  GetFile      : File;
  Chunk        : array[0..511] of byte; { minimum MTU supported is 512 }
Begin
  WSAAsyncSelect(AcceptSocket, Application^.MainWindow^.HWindow,
                 User_Read,FD_READ);
  Assign(GetFile,GFile);
  Reset(GetFile,1);                        { set to read one chunk at a time }
  IF IOResult = 0 THEN                     { file exists...send it }
    Begin
      WHILE (NOT EOF(GetFile)) DO
        Begin
          FillChar(Chunk,SizeOf(Chunk),0);     { fill the buffer to clear it }
          BlockRead(GetFile, Chunk, SizeOf(Chunk), Result);
          SendCount := Send(AcceptSocket,@Chunk,Result,0);
          blah blah blah...

Thanks for any and all help.
--
BCNU
Daniel J. Wojcik

Get your very own copy (source included) from:
ftp:// & http://147.35.241.5/pub/webimp/webimp.zip
               ~~  ~~
                 oo
                ^~~^
                 ^^
...and water fell from the sky like rain....