Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

2005-08-01 05:30:47 PM
delphi225
Adam Roslon writes:
The biggest problem with Warp was lack
of 3rd party products due to the high cost of development tools.
... and the tortuous CONFIG.SYS!
--
Colin

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

[...] I can not believe Amstrad is dead.
Nope, ain't dead, doomsayers has been clamouring its death for years,
but just like Borland, Amstrad keeps going on
www.amstrad.com/default.shtml
I haven't heard my business telephone ring for ages
Get an amstrad phone and you will hear it ring :)
Eric

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

Rick Beerendonk writes:
Is there a CLR for the Amiga?
Its not next to the BkSpc key by any chance?
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

>Is there a CLR for the Amiga?

Its not next to the BkSpc key by any chance?
No, its the basic command that clears the screen.
Oliver Townshend

Oliver Townshend writes:
>>Is there a CLR for the Amiga?
>
>Its not next to the BkSpc key by any chance?

No, its the basic command that clears the screen.
I thought that was CLS.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
John Maldonado writes:

>Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over.

Will do, Rip.
LOL!!!!

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:

Now /that's/ funny.

I'm serious. My mothball fleet includes a KayPro II, a Kim-1, an Apple
II clone that also runs CP/M, a VIC-20, an LSI-11 board, and some old
8088 and '286 boards, not to mention my old abacus and sliderule (with
its 4-bit Armstrong processor). I am ready for anything, when
civilization eventually collapses. Oh yes, I also have a bunch of pencils.
Mark J. Wallin, Ph.D.

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

"Mark J. Wallin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
8088 and '286 boards, not to mention my old abacus and sliderule (with
Is the abacus 64bit ? :-)
JoeH

Mark J. Wallin writes:
Oh yes, I also have a bunch of pencils.
Dude, quit it, you are killing me. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Mark J. Wallin writes:
not to mention my old abacus and sliderule
My dad (an automotive engineer) was using a slide rule in his office
the other day. Two younger engineers walked in. The first said, "They
still make those?" The second said, "What is it?"
For anyone similarly confused: www.sliderule.ca/intro.htm
-Craig
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:42ee5f50$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Mark J. Wallin writes:

>not to mention my old abacus and sliderule

My dad (an automotive engineer) was using a slide rule in his office
the other day. Two younger engineers walked in. The first said, "They
still make those?" The second said, "What is it?"

For anyone similarly confused: www.sliderule.ca/intro.htm
Many computers and aerospace designs were executed with sliderules. Of
course, they need no power but it is impossible to write meaningless nth
place digits, since hundredths were usually all you could see. With
calculators most students will blithely write 6 or 8 digits, never realizing
that with three significant digit inputs you get only 2 significant digits
out. All the rest are purely ornamental.
"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. "
-- Will Rogers

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

Mark J. Wallin writes:
Oh yes, I also have a bunch of
pencils.
Hope they have erasers on them, you will need those. <g>
"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding,
when it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by
minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer

Kirk Halgren writes:
Many computers and aerospace designs were executed with sliderules. Of
course, they need no power but it is impossible to write meaningless nth
place digits, since hundredths were usually all you could see. With
calculators most students will blithely write 6 or 8 digits, never realizing
that with three significant digit inputs you get only 2 significant digits
out. All the rest are purely ornamental.
Hmm, I wonder if they have a sliderule on board the Shuttle, just in
case....
Mark J. Wallin, Ph.D.

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
My dad (an automotive engineer) was using a slide rule in his office
the other day
Bravo!
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: Wake me up when this dotNET experiment is over

Joe Hendricks writes:
Is the abacus 64bit ? :-)
JoeH
I don't know, but when I bought it, a haircut was two bits.
Mark J. Wallin, Ph.D.