Create a new Start menu application

2005-03-12 08:00:07 AM
delphi91
I am writing my own installation program in a windows XP environment using
D6. I want to add a new start menu folder for my application which will
eventually have 3 tasks, the application name, the help file and a
de-install choice. How may I add this to the start menu?

Re:Create a new Start menu application

Daniel Roy writes:
I am writing my own installation program in a windows XP environment
using D6. I want to add a new start menu folder for my application
which will eventually have 3 tasks, the application name, the help
file and a de-install choice. How may I add this to the start menu?
The start menu is a plain folder structure, so basically adding a folder to
the start menu means to create a folder in
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs (do use the shell functions to get
the exact location of that folder)
The items in that folder are simple .lnk files. Again use the shell
functions to create these links.
Personally I wouldn't go through writing my own installer (except for
learning purposes) - I am very very happy with InnoSetup/ISTool.
--
Ben