Oracle9i - DBexpress - Deployment of appli on W2003 SRV

2005-10-18 05:48:50 PM
delphi220
Hello,
I have an issue with deploying a W32 application that access to an
Oracle 9i database through dbexpress. On my computer (XP Sp2), where
the Delphi 2005 enterprise. is installed, it works fine.
I copied the executable with the dbexpora.dll on a windows server 2003
(up to date with all service packs). When I start it, nothing seems to
happen. In the event log, I found an error in Kernel32.
I rewrote another small program. It just perform a "select sysdate from
dual" and presents the result in a dbgrid.
I tried to deploy it the same way, but I got the same error message (
My program is called time).
As I suspected a Windows 2003 service pack problem, I performed an
installation on VMWare with Windows 2003 server - without service pack,
but the same error happened.
According to the documentation, I should only have my exe together with
the dbexpress dll for deployment. Is there something I do wrong ?
In advance, Thanks for your help.
Fabien
-->Error Message:
Faulting application xxx.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x000249d3.
Small W32 software source:
/ form1 /
object Button1: TButton
Left = 248
Top = 136
Width = 75
Height = 25
Caption = 'close'
TabOrder = 0
OnClick = Button1Click
end
object DBGrid1: TDBGrid
Left = 8
Top = 24
Width = 313
Height = 105
DataSource = DataSource1
TabOrder = 1
TitleFont.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET
TitleFont.Color = clWindowText
TitleFont.Height = -11
TitleFont.Name = 'Tahoma'
TitleFont.Style = []
end
object DataSource1: TDataSource
DataSet = ClientDataSet1
Left = 152
Top = 152
end
object SQLQuery1: TSQLQuery
MaxBlobSize = -1
Params = <>
SQL.Strings = (
'select sysdate from dual')
SQLConnection = SQLConnection1
Left = 40
Top = 152
end
object ClientDataSet1: TClientDataSet
Active = True
Aggregates = <>
Params = <>
ProviderName = 'DataSetProvider1'
Left = 80
Top = 152
end
object DataSetProvider1: TDataSetProvider
DataSet = SQLQuery1
Left = 112
Top = 152
end
object SQLConnection1: TSQLConnection
ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection'
DriverName = 'Oracle'
GetDriverFunc = 'getSQLDriverORACLE'
LibraryName = 'dbexpora.dll'
LoadParamsOnConnect = True
Params.Strings = (
'DriverName=Oracle'
'DataBase=astest'
'User_Name='
'Password='
'RowsetSize=20'
'BlobSize=-1'
'ErrorResourceFile='
'LocaleCode=0000'
'Oracle TransIsolation=ReadCommited'
'OS Authentication=False'
'Multiple Transaction=False'
'Trim Char=False')
VendorLib = 'oci.dll'
Connected = True
Left = 8
Top = 152
end

Re:Oracle9i - DBexpress - Deployment of appli on W2003 SRV

Hoi Fabien
You need to repost your question using the Borland news server, if you want
to find somebody to help you with an answer.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>