strange with the MS SQL+DbExpress+ClientDataSet + nText Field

2004-01-13 11:31:12 AM
delphi51
Hi All,
i found a strange thing when i program with the dbExpress!
I use the struct with MS SQL2000 + SQLConnection1 + SQLDataSet1 +
DataSetProvider1 + ClientDataSet1 to query some datas! all control setted at
default params except I set the first field's ProviderFlags with pfInKey at
SQLDataSet1! The Last Field name is nt, type is ntext!
Then, everytime I query the data, the nt field just return the first
character! But, when a add a new field to the database, the nt field return
all the right characters now! I never changed any control's params during
whole process!
So, can someone tell why? I am so puzzle now!
regards,
Ari

Re:strange with the MS SQL+DbExpress+ClientDataSet + nText Field

Hi All,
i found a strange thing when i program with the dbExpress!
I use the struct with MS SQL2000 + SQLConnection1 + SQLDataSet1 +
DataSetProvider1 + ClientDataSet1 to query some datas! all control setted at
default params ! The Last Field name of table is nt, type is ntext!
Everytime I query the data, I just can get the first character of the nt
field!
But, when a add a new field to the Ms Sql database's table, the nt field
return
all the right characters now! I never changed any control's params during
whole process!
So, can someone tell me why happen?
regards,
Ari