Mysql 5.0 dbx drivers - unsupported error 0005

2006-10-20 06:59:54 AM
delphi153
I am using D7, DBX and (Anthony William's drivers) Mysql5.0
Win2003 server on a SOAP web service.
Everything works fine except: sqldataset.recordcount gives an 0005
unsupported error when in a webservice datamodule.
It works FINE in a standard form app running on the SAME server against the
SAME database.
--
Dwight Crevelt
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Mysql 5.0 dbx drivers - unsupported error 0005

Sorry for the delayed response.
"Dwight Crevelt" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I am using D7, DBX and (Anthony William's drivers) Mysql5.0
Win2003 server on a SOAP web service.

Everything works fine except: sqldataset.recordcount gives an 0005
unsupported error when in a webservice datamodule.
It works FINE in a standard form app running on the SAME server against the
SAME database.
That's bizarre. Are you using exactly the same code to access the database in
both cases?
Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Developer

Re:Mysql 5.0 dbx drivers - unsupported error 0005

Here is the code in the web service. It was to check that the appropriate
entries are in the database, Which they are so I commented the check out and
things run fine. I get the error on the i:= sqldataset1.RecordCount;
sqldataset1.Close;
bp1 := 'SELECT * FROM '+prizetbl+ ' WHERE siteid = :siteid and gameid=
:gameid;';
sqldataset1.CommandText := bp1;
sqldataset1.ParamByName('siteid').Asinteger := strtoint(siteid);
sqldataset1.ParamByName('gameid').Asstring := gameid;
sqldataset1.Open;
{ i := sqldataset1.RecordCount;
if i <= 0 then
begin
sqldataset1.Close;
exit;
end; }
sqldataset1.Close;
Here is the code in the Application that runs fine
sqldataset1.Open;
while (not sqldataset1.Eof) do
begin
if sqldataset1.RecordCount <= 0 then
begin
sqldataset1.Close;
exit;
end;
nxsiteid := sqldataset1.FieldValues['siteid'];
nxgameid := sqldataset1.FieldValues['gameid'];
sqldataset1.Next;
end;
sqldataset1.Close;
In the Web service I originally had the sqldataset1.recordcount in the IF
statement as in the application, I broke it out durung debug to determine
where the error was. Its got me confused.
Thanks
Dwight
"Anthony Williams" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[...]

The first thing I noticed here is that your webservice query uses
parameters. Does the app code also use parameters? The snippet you show
doesn't.
RecordCount is not supported by DBExpress for queries involving parameters, as
far as I can tell.
Anthony